Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Greetings from Clover, SC (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/greetings-clover-sc-t229686.html)

heranoir 09-07-2013 02:47 PM

Greetings from Clover, SC

Hello All!!

I am Deborah. I am 47 years old and I am a beginner to intermediate quilter. I have not been quilting very long....about 6 months and I am absolutely loving it.

I had worked in the oil fields in Southern California for almost 11 years, and due to an unfortunate infection I lost my leg last Christmas and now with all of my heart complications I am not able to work. This was driving me insane I have to tell you because I had been a worker all of my life and was quite used to working 12 or 13 hour days every day. Needless to say this did not leave me with much of a personal life to do much of anything.

Last November, my daughter and family decided that I was just too sick to be out in Cali alone and they moved me home to Clover, SC. The funniest thing happened, I met the love of my life sitting on my mother's back porch the day I arrived. He tells me that he loved me from the first moment he saw me and has been with me ever since (through sickness, amputations, and whatever else has been thrown at him).

Anywho, I was so bored I could just spit. Then that little light bulb started to spark and I said to myself "Hey, why not get on that quilting thing that you have always wanted to do!" So I did, and here I am. I am taking classes, and have actually sold a couple of my pieces. I believe I have a modern style that is a bit gothic (colors and themes).

I am looking forward to getting to know these boards, sharing some of my work and drooling over some of your work. I will post a picture of my studio as soon as I can get my fiance to get his scooter parts out of it. Anyone else have that problem? People wanting to store stuff in your sewing studio? I thing we should start a national movement to prevent such abuse of our spaces.

Toodles
Deborah

sew_Tracy 09-07-2013 03:01 PM

Deborah, welcome from Huntsville, Alabama (former California/Oregon native). I am sure you will be just as driven as ever!

Tartan 09-07-2013 03:10 PM

​Welcome from Ontario, Canada.

Neesie 09-07-2013 03:19 PM

Howdy and welcome, from Texas! Just start hanging stuff, on that scooter. :D

Libster 09-07-2013 05:34 PM

Hello, Neighbor, waving from NC. You're going to like it here. Lots of friendly helpful quilters to talk to. Just jump in. Oh..and we LOVE pictures. Welcome!

Thumbelina 09-07-2013 06:48 PM

Hi Deborah welcome to the board from NE Ohio.

lfstamper 09-07-2013 07:12 PM

Welcome from Texas! Sounds like u r a perfect fit for tge QB.

Lori B. 09-08-2013 03:56 AM

Welcome from Michigan!:)

ube quilting 09-08-2013 04:01 AM

Welcome from PA. Sounds like you are moving forward in your life. Wonderful story. Show us your projects when you can.
peace

Misty's Mom 09-08-2013 04:31 AM

Welcome from Texas and congratulations on finding the love of your life. I was a late bloomer too and it's wonderful.