Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Greetings from Iowa! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/greetings-iowa-t311078.html)

kmahoney 05-21-2020 03:17 PM

Greetings from Iowa!

Hello everyone!
My name is Kelly and I’m a novice sewer and have followed some posts on here in the past and decided to go ahead and make an account. I hail from Pennsylvania originally, lived in North Carolina for a few years and moved to central Iowa last year for school. The vintage sewing machine bug bit me after my parents gave me an vintage machine and now I’m slowly starting a small collection. I also enjoy pottery, reading, hiking, and musical theatre. Looking forward to interacting with y’all here and hope you are all safe and well in quarantine :)

Tartan 05-21-2020 03:19 PM

Welcome from Ontario, Canada. 👋

Jo Anne B. 05-21-2020 06:52 PM

Welcome to Central Iowa from Central Iowa. and the QB too!
I have two vintage Singers the 15-91 and the 201-2 and the most recent, a Sears Kenmore 1410. Which is quickly becoming my favorite workhorse.
Where do you go to school? Ames? Central? Drake? DM University?

mjkgquilt 05-21-2020 07:43 PM

Welcome from Plymouth, MI. Glad you wanted to join us. We welcome people.

quiltingcandy 05-21-2020 08:26 PM

Welcome from So. California!

kmahoney 05-21-2020 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Jo Anne B. (Post 8387219)
Welcome to Central Iowa from Central Iowa. and the QB too!
I have two vintage Singers the 15-91 and the 201-2 and the most recent, a Sears Kenmore 1410. Which is quickly becoming my favorite workhorse.
Where do you go to school? Ames? Central? Drake? DM University?

Thank you for the warm welcome! I have a 201-2 as well but she (and her cabinet) need to be fixed up a little before I can use her so currently sits in a corner looking pitiful. I also have a 301a, a rather heavy Japanese zig-zag (maybe a White clone?, was gifted to me by my parents but they didn't have a manual for it), and now a Kenmore 159.262. I'm going to Iowa State here in Ames and am enjoying living here so far.

Lori B. 05-22-2020 03:32 AM

Welcome from Michigan!:)

QuiltnNan 05-22-2020 03:54 AM

Welcome to the QB and happy quilting :)

Iceblossom 05-22-2020 04:10 AM

Well hello! I'm waving from a safe personal space away in Seattle.

I'm another fan of vintage machines and musical theater. I've been listening to some of the "radio" channels my Comcast tv cable offers and had the show tunes station on the other day. I am amazed at how out of date I am! I know some of the big hits but really, I'm still doing Cabaret or Brigadoon and not Rent or Wicked or anything from the last 20 years :(

I started quilting as a senior in high school because I wanted a quilt to take to college. Here I am... somehow 40 years later.

granky 05-22-2020 04:32 AM

Welcome from Southern Indiana! How nice to bitten by a bug that leads you to the quilting world! It's a wonderful world!