Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Greetings from So. Central Texas (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/greetings-so-central-texas-t67450.html)

dody 09-30-2010 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by karenm36
Hi, I'm Karen and I just finished my first quilt 2 days ago and put it in the mail today! I'm NOT a seamstress...having a love/hate relationship with my sewing machine for many years! But all that changed when my son's father-in-law recently suffered a stroke. I was going to make him a prayer shawl but that seemed too "geriatric" for a veteran police officer in Lubbock, Tx. So I decided to quilt him a lap throw...just one small detail...I've never quilted! So I started it with a fairly simple pattern, "Center Court". I was inspired by his love for his favorite college football team, the Texas Tech Red Raiders. I sent the quilt with a photo journal of my journey making his quilt. I must say now, I am hooked! :-)

I really like that...My granddaughter would love it too...she goes to Tech..

madamekelly 09-30-2010 06:37 PM

Welcome to "Stashahloics Anonymous"! Sew on!

quilt queen 09-30-2010 06:38 PM

Karen, your quilt is remarkable, for someone who is new at quilting it is great,,,we travel thru your beautiful little town nearly every two weeks on the way to Aransas Pass to fish...keep up the good work!

karenm36 09-30-2010 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by quilt queen
Karen, your quilt is remarkable, for someone who is new at quilting it is great,,,we travel thru your beautiful little town nearly every two weeks on the way to Aransas Pass to fish...keep up the good work!

Hope you come through this weekend and enjoy the Come and Take It festivities! Thanks so much to you and everyone for the positive comments. It's encouraging and makes me feel a bit more confident about taking on another project. Right now I need to get my machine in the shop. It was mechanical issues with my tension that made this project so challenging. Hope this can be fixed or I'll be looking for a good used machine before I start on the next quilt.

jazs2 09-30-2010 07:11 PM

Hello from West Virginia
Welcome to the Quilting Board.
jazs2

Love your quilt that is a great idea.

GailG 10-01-2010 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by karenm36
Thanks for the encouragement everyone! I don't know that I've experienced such a range of emotions making this quilt! My machine's tension was giving me fits besides just the fact that I was doing everything for the first time! Never held a rotary cutter in my hand until I made this! I'm looking forward already to my next quilt...but HAVE to clean my house first! Seems everything came to a screeching halt once I started this project 3 weeks ago! My new goal to learn with the next quilt: Balance! How to quilt and keep my home relatively clean at the same time. Ha!

Welcome from South Louisiana. HA!! Yes, you're really hooked! You're even talking about neglecting your house. Stick around and you'll see who has a "clean" house and who talks about needing to clean house.

:lol:

Janet L52 10-01-2010 06:23 PM

Welcome from northern California! Your quilt is gorgeous, what a lovely gift.

Annz 10-01-2010 09:09 PM

Hello and welcome from Boston, Ma