Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello Again (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-again-t12982.html)

zennia 11-07-2008 07:34 AM

I feel I should re introduce myself. I joined awhile back but then got lost.
I just retired so am ready to spend all my free time making all those patterns I have collected over the years. You know the ones--all the free ones we have downloaded for the past zillion years.
I spent yesterday just looking around this site and I found some good ideas/information. Looking forward to learning all I can from you.
A little about me. I was born and raised in western New York. I like the snow but not the wet and cold. My husband and I have 4 children and 4 grandchildren. Right now we share our home with 3 spoiled cats. I am busy making window quilts right . most of my afternoons are spent in my sewing room. I have a lot of blocks from swaps I have been in over the years. I hope to spend the winter making quilts for our local nursing home where I worked for several years.
Thank You everyone for letting me be a part of your group.
Zennia

zyxquilts 11-07-2008 07:38 AM

Congratulations on your retirement zennia! And welcome again, from SoCal! Be sure to show us some pictures of your work - you know how much we all love pictures :D

bj 11-07-2008 08:00 AM

Hi from Texas and welcome back! Retirement is great, isn't it?

sewjoyce 11-07-2008 08:02 AM

Welcome from Indiana! And yes, we're all waiting for pictures!!

I, too, am retired. Love it!! How did I manage to work all those years???

Paganquilter 11-07-2008 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by zennia
I feel I should re introduce myself. I joined awhile back but then got lost.
I just retired so am ready to spend all my free time making all those patterns I have collected over the years. You know the ones--all the free ones we have downloaded for the past zillion years.
I spent yesterday just looking around this site and I found some good ideas/information. Looking forward to learning all I can from you.
A little about me. I was born and raised in western New York. I like the snow but not the wet and cold. My husband and I have 4 children and 4 grandchildren. Right now we share our home with 3 spoiled cats. I am busy making window quilts right . most of my afternoons are spent in my sewing room. I have a lot of blocks from swaps I have been in over the years. I hope to spend the winter making quilts for our local nursing home where I worked for several years.
Thank You everyone for letting me be a part of your group.
Zennia

Welcome again! :) Are you sure it's not your 3 spoiled cats sharing their home with you? That's usually the way it goes. Either way, glad to have you here, and I hope we can look forward to many pictures of your work!

pocoellie 11-07-2008 08:10 AM

Welcome back from NE CA.

Quilt4u 11-07-2008 08:10 AM

Hi Glad to have you back. You'll have to add us to your favorites.So you wont get lost again.

Mplsgirl 11-07-2008 08:12 AM

Hi from Illinois!

Craftybug 11-07-2008 03:12 PM

Hi there Zennia, welcome back, I wish I was retired I got 15 more year to go :(. You will have a great time here with us. Now get to quiting cause we want to see pictures :D

chairjogger 11-07-2008 03:14 PM

congratulations on your retirement and only having 3 cats and none of your 4 children or grandchildren living with you!!

I enjoy this site. Hope you do too !! Welcome back!
Ellen