Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello all........Are guys welcome here ???? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-all-guys-welcome-here-t215092.html)

Totally Straight 02-28-2013 10:25 AM

Hello all........Are guys welcome here ????

Hello all my name is Randy. I'm a guy and finding that I rather enjoy quilting and wondering if I'm welcome here ??????

I enjoy camping and riding my motorcycle, but during the winter and when the weather is bad I have been quilting (trying to quilt). I have found it rather relaxing to do but it seems that my fellow guy peers have not expressed the same appreciation to this craft, and obviously poke fun about it. My screen name has two meanings and one is about my quilting....... LOL LOL When I quilted the quilts I have done (2), I have not done any sort of free motion design yet, it's all been in the ditch stitches.

I'm learning everytime I'm at the machine and sometimes my points don't meet perfect and my stitches arn't the straightest, but I'm getting better. I watch videos on Youtube to learn how to do many of the things like binding my quilts with the machine. My favorite fabric is batiks and my machine is nothing new or special. It's a basic 10 year old Singer. I have found I can do almost everything I've attempted on it, but it gets a little harder to manuver the fabric once the quilt gets real big.

Besides the two quilts I've made, I have also made coasters for my coffee table and pillows for my couch. I basicly joined this site to learn and talk with others that enjoy this as well. I guess that about sums it up for me and I look forward to reading, learning and sharing. Just don't tell my friends I'm here. LOL LOL :D

craftygal63 02-28-2013 10:55 AM

Welcome to the board! Can't wait to see pics of your quilts!

bsktkeeper 02-28-2013 10:58 AM

Hi,& Welcome to the board from Ind.

wraez 02-28-2013 11:00 AM

Of course, men are welcome! Some of the best quilters are men! Happy to have you here and looking forward to seeing your quilts.

Point Pelee 02-28-2013 11:14 AM

Welcome to the QB, I'm new also!! Happy quilting

knlsmith 02-28-2013 11:14 AM

Hello and welcome! I also ride a bike, hunt, fish, have lots of tattoos. My hubby is nicknamed Camo Keith. So yes, you are welcomed here. Everyone is great and helpful.

JenniePenny 02-28-2013 11:16 AM

Hi Randy and welcome. This is a great board for sharing information about quilting.

jetayre 02-28-2013 11:19 AM

welcome from Vermont. I am a beginner and have already learned more than I can ever do, but I enjoy seeing and reading all the info out there.

NikkiLu 02-28-2013 11:21 AM

Welcome from the SHO-ME state - Missouri. We have several men on here and YES, we love to have you join us. A male perspective would certainly be different and may just give us some new ideas. Like I told my DH, a football coach should let a woman help design some of the plays in the game and see how much that upsets the opposition.

Totally Straight 02-28-2013 11:43 AM

3 Attachment(s)
This is the first quilt I made for my bed with a matching pillow and pillow cases. I tied this quilt (I know the easy way out, but it was my first time). I also made a homeade picture out of fabric and hung it on my bedroom wall. :thumbup: