Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello from another Aussie! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-another-aussie-t196467.html)

Lakeview Quilting 08-02-2012 06:35 PM

Hello Jan, welcome from Oklahoma!!! :)

marymm 08-02-2012 07:23 PM

Hope you enjoy the board as much as I do...Great place for ideas.

Janscraft 08-02-2012 11:37 PM

Thanks Joset! I resisted going to a quilting shop yesterday even though the friend I met for lunch was keen to show me some new fabric. Instead I did buy the new reading lamps we really needed in the lounge room. Must look up North Dakota on the map. I'm in Gawler, South australia (near the Barossa wine region). Can I ask quilting questions on this site? Cheers, Jan

Janscraft 08-02-2012 11:39 PM

Hi Moonglow, WOW another Queenslander!! I spent many years in Ipswich/ Brisbane but live in Gawler, SA now. I have been to some wonderful quilt stores on my visits back home to Qld.

Janscraft 08-02-2012 11:43 PM

Hi there - I can't belive someone from Ipswich replied. I went to ISHS at Brassall (?spelling) and worked for many years in Brisbane. I lived through the 1974 floods. Hope you were OK then and in the recent lot of floods. My family were OK. I sent a lot of material, magazines and patterns up the Qld after the flood so that volunteers could make quilts for flood victims.
I live in Gawler now (SA).

SueDor 08-03-2012 02:02 AM

Hi from Ohio!

Moonglow 08-03-2012 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by Janscraft (Post 5414476)
Hi Moonglow, WOW another Queenslander!! I spent many years in Ipswich/ Brisbane but live in Gawler, SA now. I have been to some wonderful quilt stores on my visits back home to Qld.

Hi Jan, I was living in Booval during the '74 floods and remember them vividly. Also lived at Amberley for many years. Both my children were born in Ipswich. Cheers.

erstan947 08-03-2012 05:27 AM

Welcome from Louisiana, USA. I'm so happy you have chosen to join us. It sounds like you are in the right place to share and learn.

MaryStoaks 08-03-2012 08:33 AM

Welcome from the California desert.:thumbup:

LynnVT 08-03-2012 08:42 AM

Hi Jan. I like you already - what a sense of humor! Just use your stash and not buy any more fabric?? Gave me a laugh. Anyway, I live in Vermont - far northeastern part of US. A very small state with a unique mindset and beautiful mountains. Years ago I was in another online group, Quilt.com Bulletin Board and enjoyed exchanges from several Aussies. Love hearing about your opposite seasons - we're in summer now, while you're in winter.
You can ask lots of quilt questions and chat about anything else as well! My favorite way of going into this site is to click on "What's New" so I see the latest discussion on all topics. Or you can pick your favorite subject from the home page. Welcome to the neighborhood!
Lynn