Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   hello from Cape Cod Massachusetts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-cape-cod-massachusetts-t37576.html)

grammyp 02-21-2010 09:02 PM

Welcome from Alabama. I was born in Bourne, Mass, but we left when I was 3 months old. Dad was in the Air Force, so we never stayed anywhere for long.

quiltingfan 02-21-2010 09:04 PM

Welcome from NJ also, we are in the army. Nice to have you around.

wezecape 02-21-2010 10:06 PM

you were born on base the hospital was torn down in the mid to late 60's, i worked out there in the commasary in the office during viet Nam was in charge of orderingb asll the food that the green Brets needed while training there. nice to meet ya hun, what year were you born?

Quilt4u 02-22-2010 02:29 AM

Hi and welcome from Massachusetts. Dad was in the navy For 22 years befor he retired. I was born at Chealsea Naval Hospital.

mic-pa 02-22-2010 03:41 AM

Welcome to this board from a Pa. gal. I used to spend my summers on Marthas Vineyard so have many memories traveling in the Cape area. My brother retired from the Navy after 22 years but he was never on a ship LOL he flew airplanes. I enjoyed reading your intro. Marge

aliaslaceygreen 02-22-2010 06:30 AM

Welcome from Virginia... My childhood summers were spent in Sandwich, and my grandparents lived in Centerville from 1990 till they passed over the last few years... Cape Cod is one of my very special places....

Oklahoma Suzie 02-22-2010 01:09 PM

Hi and Welcome from Oklahoma.

wezecape 02-22-2010 02:03 PM

Hi thank you my nana was a southern lady living in the Roanoak VA.area she raised horses . she passed away just be for her 100 b/day a few years ago.

grammyp 02-22-2010 02:12 PM

I was born well before the early 60's more like the early 50's. In town, don't think they had an OB on base at the time. I have always intended to go back for a visit. I was born with a clubbed foot and a Dr Brown cast it before I left the hospital.

wezecape 02-22-2010 02:30 PM

oh ok then your about my age . I just turned 60 on Jan 29th. I was born in 1950 . oh ya they do that to babies allot my cousins little boy had to have that done to he wore a few casts to correct his pour little leg . I am working on a dresden plate blocks I've sewn out all the blade 100 of them and will do 20 blade circles last night they are or were cut from the charm pkg I got fromn Keep sake quilting from NH. there the french country colors blues and yellows they had 50 charms in the pkg. so I got 2 blades from a 5x5 square plus a bit left over that I can make a sash or boarder for the outer edge. I am going to make a table topper of runnner for a surprise gift. then also working on 2 baby rag quilts flannel all washed and ironed ready to be cut up for two baby gilrs I have yellow, blue, pink, white and white for the backing . will do machine embroidery designs in the center of each block . it wil be the story book poems that we grew up with the drsigns there are 12 in the set are from Martha Pullens CD of designs I bought last year. well got to dash you take care tell me what your doing too ok hugs ((((())))) weze