Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello from East TN (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-east-tn-t15755.html)

wesing 01-24-2009 08:02 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hello from TN!

I'm Darren, the picker, cutter, and computer poster. My wife Kimberly (in the picture with her mom) is the sewer. We started working on quilts a couple of years ago. We'd like to do more, but find it difficult to make the time.

The first quilt we FINISHED was the "Cheaper by the Dozen" that she gave to her mom. It is done with Breast Cancer Awareness fabrics since her mom is a survivor.

The second finished quilt was the blue and green "Turning Twenty" for our bed. Both of these were machine quilted.

The first top we finished is still in progress. It's a simple "Nine-Patch" crib size that we're hand quilting.

Last year we did a shop hop in June and started collecting fabrics for the 11 nieces and nephews, hoping to finish them all and get them machine quilted for Christmas presents. Yes, that was an ambitious goal, and no, we didn't get finished. So far we have one top finished with borders, three tops finished except for borders, one top 90% finished, one almost cut out, and the rest still in planning. You can just catch a glimpse of one of the nieces on the right side of the "Cheaper by the Dozen" pic.

We're also in the process of making lap quilts for ourselves as part of a class we're taking at Little Blessings Quilt Shop in Crossville, TN. Great shop! We have lots of UFO's!

The avatar is our helpers, Lucy and Ethel. We bought that quilt in the days before we knew how much fun it is to make them. That's about it for our quilting adventures. I just found this board a couple of weeks ago and decided to join. I have enjoyed everyone's pictures.

Darren

sewjoyce 01-24-2009 08:10 AM

Hi Darren and welcome from southern Indiana! Your quilts are lovely :!:

Quilt4u 01-24-2009 08:22 AM

Hi and welcome from Mass. Your quilts are beautiful.

gcathie 01-24-2009 08:24 AM

Welcome all.....now where is your photo Darren??? It sure is alot of fun.....Welcome from Ohio!

mary quite contrary 01-24-2009 09:42 AM

Welcome from Dallas, Texas.

Love the pictures. Thanks for sharing them with us and keep them coming.

Shadow Dancer 01-24-2009 09:56 AM

Welcome from Canada Darren. :) Beautiful quilts!

Jim's Gem 01-24-2009 12:47 PM

Welcome from Southern California. That really great that you and your wife enjoy this hobby together. This is a great forum for getting ideas and inspiration.

pocoellie 01-24-2009 04:52 PM

Welcome from NE CA. Great quilts. Glad you found us.

live2teach 01-24-2009 04:55 PM

Hi Darren and welcome from WV. I just love how you and your wife work as a team! Your quilts are beautiful!

Shemjo 01-24-2009 05:03 PM

Hi Darren from St. Louis. We love picture too, and yours are great!