Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello From England (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-england-t27543.html)

Damkina 10-23-2009 02:03 PM

I signed up last week and thought it was about time I said hello to everyone.

I'm married with one son and have only been quilting a few years. At the moment I'm making quilts for the "Quilts of Valour - UK" for injured British soldiers and just dithering over what quilt to do next.

Considering doing a signature quilt.

Lovely and informative site and really glad I found you.

Damkina

watterstide 10-23-2009 02:19 PM

Hi! My mum Lives in england..I am in Michigan.
Do you have an event coming up where you would get signatures together for a quilt? i did one, and found that pressing butcher paper on the back, makes the signatures go on nice..

quilter1962 10-23-2009 02:25 PM

Hello Damkina

Welcome from Nottingham, UK. So nice to see more of us British girls joining this forum.
You will love it here. There is always someone here to help, all you have to do is ask. I have said this on many occasions - "We are like one huge happy family".

Tisha

BTW whereabouts are you in the UK?

Damkina 10-23-2009 02:36 PM

Hello Kim and Tisha, Thank you for such a warm welcome.

No, we don't have an event coming up although I can visit our local quilt shop to see if they would be willing to help. But, I am thinking about making the blocks and taking them to family and to work to see if people would like to donate to sign a block to a soldier. Still working out which block and if it could work.

Thanks for the suggestions about putting the paper on the back. When I've signed labels they probably would have done better with the backing.

I don't live that far from you Tisha; Sheffield in S Yorkshire. At first I never even thought that there'd be so many quilters in the UK.

Joanne

watterstide 10-23-2009 02:39 PM

what are you doing up at midnight?! lol!

Damkina 10-23-2009 02:43 PM

Chatting to you :D lol!

Actually, I've got to go now, hubby is just on his way home from work and he'll be wanting a cuppa and some supper.

Poor thing, been out of the house for 15 hours today.

I'll be back... tomorrow.

Joanne

quilter1962 10-23-2009 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Damkina
Hello Kim and Tisha, Thank you for such a warm welcome.

No, we don't have an event coming up although I can visit our local quilt shop to see if they would be willing to help. But, I am thinking about making the blocks and taking them to family and to work to see if people would like to donate to sign a block to a soldier. Still working out which block and if it could work.

Thanks for the suggestions about putting the paper on the back. When I've signed labels they probably would have done better with the backing.

I don't live that far from you Tisha; Sheffield in S Yorkshire. At first I never even thought that there'd be so many quilters in the UK.

Joanne

Joanne

We'll have to meet up if your only at Sheffield.

I think there are 2 members here on the board also from Sheffield. Karenmay for definate, I forget who the other member is. I'm obviuosly having a "senior" moment LOL.

Tisha

quilter1962 10-23-2009 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by watterstide
what are you doing up at midnight?! lol!

LOL Kim

Talking with you - Whereabouts is your Mum in the UK???

Maybe she could meet up with Joanne & I too. Is she a quilter ?????

Tisha

Shemjo 10-23-2009 02:57 PM

Hello,and welcome from Missouri, in the middle of the U. S.

earthwalker 10-23-2009 03:02 PM

Hello from a Devonian, transplanted in Perth, Western Australia.