Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello from Europe (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-europe-t143289.html)

Annlil 08-07-2011 06:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I am a danish lady/girl living in the Netherlands. I got infected by this quilt-virus some months ago. My whole life I have been keen on trying all different creative things - except quilting. I have just never been atracted to it until.......
Now I am hooked. I do not want to work, cook or clean the house. I just want to sit behind by machine ;)
I finished a quilt this morning and while sewing the borders my head was already busy with the next project. You probably have it in the same way.
I really love this site, many very interesting subject, good ideas and beautiful fotos. But I have used some times to "translate" some words like DH, LQS, fat quaters, charms, HQ etc. Even my vocabulary will be enlaged being a member :-)

My quilt of today
[ATTACH=CONFIG]237750[/ATTACH]

patd 08-07-2011 06:09 AM

Welcome from new england beautiful quilt

Granny Quilter 08-07-2011 06:09 AM

Beautiful, welcome. There was a dictionary to the code recently on here. Hope you saw it.

jean1941 08-07-2011 06:10 AM

Welcome from Texas wonderful quilt

Kathios 08-07-2011 06:11 AM

Welcome from New Hampshire. Your quilt is stunning!

SueDor 08-07-2011 06:17 AM

Hi from Ohio! Love your quilt!

suebee 08-07-2011 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by Annlil
I am a danish lady/girl living in the Netherlands. I got infected by this quilt-virus some months ago. My whole life I have been keen on trying all different creative things - except quilting. I have just never been atracted to it until.......
Now I am hooked. I do not want to work, cook or clean the house. I just want to sit behind by machine ;)
I finished a quilt this morning and while sewing the borders my head was already busy with the next project. You probably have it in the same way.
I really love this site, many very interesting subject, good ideas and beautiful fotos. But I have used some times to "translate" some words like DH, LQS, fat quaters, charms, HQ etc. Even my vocabulary will be enlaged being a member :-)

First off..Welcome to the Board from Arizona USA! your quilt is beautiful. DH=darling or Dear Husband, LQS = local quilt shop, fat quarters=precut yardage, charms=precut squares and HQ Im not 100% sure about, but could mean HandiQuitler (quilting machine). hope that helps. Enjoy!

M.E.H. 08-07-2011 06:21 AM

Welcome from Washington. :D I love your quilt. :thumbup:

Judith1005 08-07-2011 06:22 AM

welcome, from Florida, USA. that sure is a pretty quilt you have there. :-)

Dianemarie 08-07-2011 06:24 AM

Welcome from California. My husband has cousins in the Netherlands. PM me and we can chat about where and who she quilts with a small group maybe you know them.

Happy Quilting ~