Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello everyone (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-everyone-t1611.html)

lin 07-30-2007 11:26 AM

I just stumbled upon your site using google and I'm thrilled to have found you. You look like a wonderful group to interact with! It didn't take much reading to see that I'll enjoy reading more and hopefully participating whenever I get the chance.

I've been a quilter for 15 years and have just recently (in the last year or two) ventured into machine quilting. I got a new Juki awhile back and I'm loving it!! I was mq-ing on my mom's 50yrold Necchi and it was ok, but this new machine has a wider throat area, it's stitches are more consistant and boy!...can it stitch fast!

I still do some hand quilting, but I'd never be F*****ed (lol) with all the quilt tops I've made if I did it all by hand. I'm proud to tell you all that one of the quilts that I hand-quilted for a friend has recently been chosen by a juried panel to hang in our State Capitol's museum for six months!! The show hasn't taken place yet, so it hasn't won any ribbons (yet) but hopefully it will. I did recieve a blue ribbon for the quilting at a show in Missouri last year. I was thrilled.

Seems everyone I know is either getting married or having a baby this month, so I'm fairly busy getting quilts out the door, but hopefully I'll be able to spend some time on here. Looks like I have a lot to catch up on. :wink:

lin

live2teach 07-30-2007 11:58 AM

Welcome Lin, we are thrilled to have you! This is a great place to find friendly advice and help. I see you have been doing your homework on our "bad" words. LOL. Do you care to share some of your projects? We would love to see them. :D

lin 07-30-2007 12:01 PM

Thanks for the welcome. :-)

I'd love to share some pics when I get some loaded on to my computer. I've really been enjoying the picture forum. There are some incredibly talented women on this site!

ccbear66 07-30-2007 12:37 PM

Welcome. I'm a newbe my self but the quilting bug has hit hard. I live just outside of a small town in Missouri (Knob Noster). It is next to Whiteman Air Force Base. Like you my husband is retired AF. I've been married for 4 years and am loving it. You will find this to be your favorite quilting site. Everyone is just so talented and friendly. Please post some pics when you get them loaded. We all just love to see what others have created.

lin 07-30-2007 01:20 PM

Thanks cc! I have a feeling this place could get addicting. :D

SandraJennings 07-30-2007 01:49 PM

Hey there Lin! Good thing that google worked out. We do indeed have fun and love to share and encourage all. Don't forget to read your newsletter, it has lots of helpful information and feel free to drop a question or picture or just your feet and rest a spell while you catch up on the latest goings on here.