Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello from a Guy (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-guy-t26871.html)

Lostn51 10-11-2009 09:13 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome! The quilt in my avatar is the latest out of my shop. I gave it to my SIL and she just loves it, purple is her favorite color.

I am working on a king size fall quilt for our bedroom right now with the top about half the way there. I just have 8 more blocks to make then I can go ahead and finish the assembly. Since I am retired It should not take long to quilt it.

Glad to see you interested in the treadle machines. They are workhorses along with the Featherweights. We need folks who can restore and repair them.
I love restoring old machines and am working several right now, a Singer 185J, Singer 27, Singer 24. All of these machines were complete basket cases and all of them locked up tighter than a drum. The 27 and 24 are already repainted and the 24 is almost assembled but I need an arm bar for it. But give me a bit and they will all be in my arsenal for use in the shop.

But I do service and repair the vintage machines for others and it helps to foot the bill for my quilting fetish. :mrgreen:

Billy

Ninnie 10-11-2009 09:22 AM

Hi and welcome from Ninnie in NC!
I have a 1910 Singer!

Eddie 10-11-2009 09:28 AM

Hi, Billy, and welcome to the QB! Glad to see another fellow on board. :)

trupeach 10-11-2009 09:32 AM

waves from the Buckeye state........Ohio

Rhonda 10-11-2009 10:10 AM

Welcome welcome Billy! We love pictures and love to see pictures of people's progress so you don't have to wait til the quilt is all done to post pics!! We love to see the fabrics and the work as it goes!!

Would love to see pics of your treadle machines!! Glad you joined!

pvquilter 10-11-2009 10:24 AM

Welcome from COLD Minnesota. It is great to see guys sewing quilts. We actually have a 13 year old boy in our quilt guild and he does wonderful work. I am proud of hm joining a guild with so many older women.

Moonpi 10-11-2009 10:28 AM

Welcome from Florida!

pookie ookie 10-11-2009 10:34 AM

Welcome. I also have a 1951 house which gave me a sewing machine. A 1949 something or other. Too black for my bad eyes to handle or I would already have several earlier machines to play with.

I'm trying to get my boyfriend into quilting as he has a great design eye. Welcome aboard (and feel free to post as many pix as you want). :0)

Maksi 10-11-2009 11:03 AM

Welcome from Europe Billie. And I also love old machines. Once I had a old Singer, from 1889 ( or 1898 i don't no exactly) it worked perfectly but then we moved to a very tiny little house and there was no place for my beautiful Singer... :cry:

So I'm looking forward to the quilts you already made and some pics of those old ladies you restore. :D

SulaBug 10-11-2009 11:15 AM

Hello there & welcome from the
state of Washington!! :D We are
glad to have you join us. Enjoy!!
:D :D :D