Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello, I'm Quilting on a Nouvelle 1500s ! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-im-quilting-nouvelle-1500s-t309155.html)

KurmanQuilter 01-12-2020 09:53 AM

Hello, I'm Quilting on a Nouvelle 1500s !

1 Attachment(s)
Good Morning all my fellow Quilting addicts !
For years I was quilting QAYG on my little Brother Simplicity and/or my Innovis 990d- All was well... Then I saw an ad in my FB Marketplace for a NOUVELLE 1500s gently used for $350 - I drove 300 miles total to get it. I love it.. yes, there is a learning curve..yes, I've have to clean it, yes, I NEED YOUR INPUT ! I have ordered a quilting/ruler foot, high shank special from Westalee / Sew Steady ... Will my rulers from my past machine(s) work on this ? or do I need to get thicker ones? I noticed the foot on this may be higher . Any and all tips and videos are welcome.. I have not been able to find any on line.
I have found a place that services this beast. I am taking it in first thing Monday for a good servicing/tune up. I ordered a new bobbin case since the tension screw came out when I attempted to adjust it... I finally found it...( hubby actually found it.)... I dusted the insides, and put a new needle in. I wound 4 metal bobbins that came with it, with my thread I'm using on top to be sure I wouldn't have tension issues but .. sure enough.. I got em. ( sigh) . Do any of you that have this machine have it on a track/frame? I'd love to know which one and how easy it is to learn to use this.
Do any of you use the Grace stitch regulator instead of your pedal?
looking foward to getting to know you all. Here is what I'm working on now...Air Plane I'm gonna attempt some negative space quilting to bring out the center diamond.

NoraB 01-12-2020 10:24 AM

congratulations on your machine! I have that machine (almost 15 years) and it! I did use it on an original Grace frame and also loved it. I still have it if you are ever interested in purchasing one. Depending on where you live...it's a bear to ship...so you'd need to be close to Albuquerque. I used that set-up until I was fortunate enough to get an Innova 18" with frame. It does take some learning, but be patient. I did not have a stitch regulator, but practice, practice. I also have the "pattern boards" that I'd like to see with the frame. They are wooden also. Basically, the carriage the machine fits on has a bolt thingie that you put on. The pattern boards have grooves in them so you can just follow the pattern by putting the bolt thingie in the groove and sew. (hard to explain). Either way, you got a deal on a great machine. I use it every day to do my piecing and bindings. Love that machine! Good job to you!

granky 01-12-2020 10:44 AM

Welcome to the quilting board! I don't have that machine, but I know you'll love quilting on it. Enjoy!

Iceblossom 01-12-2020 02:11 PM

Welcome to the board and grats on your new-to-you machine. Can't help you with the specifics but glad to have you join us here.

Lori B. 01-13-2020 04:48 AM

Welcome from Michigan!:)

QuiltnNan 01-13-2020 06:27 AM

Welcome to the Quilting Board from Western NY and happy quilting.

KurmanQuilter 01-14-2020 07:33 AM

I'm having some tension issues and thread issues. I was using a cottonized poly thread, it was shredding. so I cleaned the machine, oiled it, changed the needle. I got my bobbin going the right way, unwinds clockwise now, cleaned the tension discs, changed the thread to embroidery thread...it sews just fine, however when I go to do ruler work...yes, I have a long shank special foot from westalee...
it sews ...well the back stitches ( the ones that you can pull out easily... are in the front... ???? any idea what I should do?

juliasb 01-14-2020 11:00 AM

I have this machine and use it on a Grace frame. I have the Original Grace Frame. Over the years I have tweaked it a number of times. I have or should say had a stitch regulator. It just died unless I can find a way to fix it. I just had the 1500se in for service not that long ago So new it sings. This last 6 months have been touch and go with it so I am setting up a sample piece so I can fine tune the machine to the frame and tweak it some more if need be. I have been using this machine very hard for the last 9 years or so. I bought the entire set up for about $400. The machine is a work horse. The plan is to be using it today if all goes as I am planning it to go. We'll see for sure. Best of luck with your machine and frame.