Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello from INDIANA (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-indiana-t521.html)

fibronana 01-30-2007 03:29 PM

Hi,
My name is Wilma, aka Fibronana I am from Indiana, a small town, pop. of 1688, I have to travel 20 miles to a Walmart for material or thread, so I live in the middle of nowhere. I found this site today so maybe I can learn from everybody on here, or at least have someone to chat with that likes to sew, I had to quit my job of 13 yrs 4 years ago because of health problems, I have back problems & fibromyalgia so I have plenty of time to quilt & sew when I feel like it. I have alot to learn about quilting I watch Simply Quilts every morning with Alex Anderson, I really enjoy that. Hope to talk to you all soon. :D

Neva Jones 01-30-2007 03:43 PM

Hello I am from OKLAHOMA I love to quilt I have a back promble AND fibO. I AM RETIERD TO WELL i BEE RETIRD long time I love to talk to quilders NEVA

wilma osmond 01-30-2007 04:02 PM

Hi Wilma from Indianna ,My name is Wilma to and I'm from Canada.A province called Nova Scotia .Welcome to the site ,I'm sure you will find it useful

annette 04-09-2007 07:18 PM

Hi Neva my name is Annette i live in Oklahoma city what part of of Oklahoma do you live in. look forward to hearing from you lol

mimisharon 04-10-2007 04:54 AM

Hi Wilma,
I'm glad to see you here! You'll find lots of us here to talk with. I've learned so much from all the gals and guys. I LOVE quilting. I also had to leave working for money to others in 2001. Health is wasted on the youth, we should have good health in our old age.

Welcome, again, and I look forward to chatting with you soon!

Sharon

triciasquilts 04-10-2007 06:11 AM

Hi, Wilma, welcome!! You'll find this board very helpful and informative. I live in Montana but am orginally from a small town in Illinois close to the Mississippi River. Tricia

julie 04-10-2007 11:07 AM

Hi Wilma,
I live in Indiana too. I live about 20 miles south of Fort Wayne, in a small town of about 9,000. No quilt shops here, but we do have a Wal-Mart, that is keeping their fabric department for now. Also, towns around us have some wonderful shops. Welcome to the site.
From another Hoosier,
Julie :D

ButtercreamCakeArtist 04-10-2007 11:19 AM

Welcome, welcome, welcome. I am from nowhere near where you are. Just thought I'd say that to be different. ;)
You're gonna love it here. Have fun!

live2teach 04-11-2007 08:03 AM

Welcome to the board Wilma, you will love it here! :D

CAndyK 04-12-2007 06:13 AM

New here ALSO! I am also from Indiana. A small town of about 3,000. Its located smack dab on the IN - OH stateline. Last year was the first time we didn't operate in two different time zones! LOL!
I am a designer and have not quilted --- but sewn dolls, primiive stuff etc. . .My eyesite is going. . .and I can't see to thread the needle without my bi-focals. Thats a pain. I told my husband ---at last I have accepted that I am just getting to be an old mare but young at heart.

Nice to meet another Hoosier!