Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello, from Kansas (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-kansas-t10017.html)

jstitch 08-08-2008 01:55 PM

I looked around and read the posts by your members and you all sounded like a friendly group. This is something I need desperately right now is contact with nice people.

Then I met one of you on the chat room and decided to join you.

I live in Kansas and have been quilting for about 10 years.
I am the coordinator of the oldest quilt show in the State of Kansas. We are getting ready for our 37th year.
I love needle turn applique. Machine piecing is beautiful, but I just can't stay with it.

I started sewing when I was 6 and quilting when I was 46..
I completed several quilts and then lost them all along with my collection of about 300 antique quilts, tops, and sets of blocks (and fabric stash) about 4 years ago.

So, now there are only a couple of my quilts that exist today.

I have started my stash over, made a couple of new quilts, and started my collection anew.
Nice to meet you all.

Catherine 08-08-2008 02:02 PM

hello to you! My son and his wife and our only grandbaby live in wichita, Ks. ..what part of Ks are you ? I sewed all my life too. Just started quilting when I turned 48!! I am now 52....and loving it!

jstitch 08-08-2008 02:06 PM

I live in Baldwin City. I am 10 miles south of Lawrence.
Do you belong to that HUGE guild in Wichita.
They have some extremely talented girls.

I lived in Wichita for over 20 years before moving to Baldwin.
Didnt even know there was such a thing as a guilt guild then.

My loss......

Nice to meet you

jstitch 08-08-2008 02:09 PM

Ooops, I just reread your post...
You dont live in Wichita, your kids and grand child do.. sorry.

I love Kentucky and want to go there for some (a lot) of genealogy research. I have people in just about every line that lived there between 1800-1840.

Love Berea, Renfro Valley, .....

Where in Kentucky are you?

bj 08-08-2008 02:12 PM

Hi and welcome from Texas. Glad to have you on board.

mgshaw 08-08-2008 02:17 PM

Hi welcome from Oklahoma!!! Glad you joined us!!!

Catherine 08-08-2008 02:23 PM

I live in Lawernceburg, Ky....sits right between Lexington and Frankfort. Frankfort is our Capital

jstitch 08-08-2008 02:25 PM

I was just through there about a month ago..

Lovely place..Nice to e-meet you...

Catherine 08-08-2008 02:28 PM

the worlds largest yard sale is on right now...Hwy 127...from Indiana to KY & TN....it is packed out there..as 127 runs right through our town. I did stop for a moment..found two table cloths..those pretty older ones, in great shape...will make aprons out of them. The 127 yard sale is on HGTV.

jstitch 08-08-2008 02:31 PM

Congrats on the table cloths.

Do you ever find quilt goodies at that thing? I have wanted to do that for a few years, but now gas prices are just tooooo high.