Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello at last. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-last-t35045.html)

Clueless Quilter 01-24-2010 07:10 PM

Hello to one and all,

Like many others, I have been reading and learning from this site for quite some time and figured it was time to 'officially' join.

I have been quilting for 30 years but don't have as much to show for it as I would like for one reason or another. Most of the quilts that I have made have been given away as qifts or to charities.

I will still be making quilts to donate but I have decided that it is now time to dedicate more time to the quilts that I want for myself and my family and quilting in general.

Since I have adopted this new mind set I am making amazing progress. I finished three quilts in Dec. (all of which were given away) and have finished 3 UFO quilt tops in just the last two weeks. Some days I do nothing but quilt from late in the morning (I'm NOT a morning person) until mid-night and it makes me soooo happy.

As time goes on, I will try to post pictures of some of the quilts that I have made.

Happy Quilting

Jim's Gem 01-24-2010 07:17 PM

Welcome to the board from Southern California!
Great job on getting some UFO's done!!! Most of my quilts have been given away but I still have about a dozen finished ones being used all over the house.
I have a huge stack of UFO's. I recently had shoulder surgery and have been able to piece a couple of tops together but am not ready to attempt the quilting of them yet. I know how hard it was on my shoulders before surgery so I'm giving it a little more time.

dkabasketlady 01-24-2010 07:20 PM

Hello from Florida. I also hate mornings and keep a schedule like you.

sharon b 01-24-2010 07:36 PM

Hi and Welcome from Northern Indiana ! Will be looking for your pictures. Glad you are making progress on your list :mrgreen:

mountain-moma 01-24-2010 07:50 PM

Welcome aborad so glad u joined man have u been doing some sewing.I'm just the opposite i'm a early morning person

tigger5464 01-24-2010 08:19 PM

Hello and Welcome from Iowa. :D Tigger :D

earthwalker 01-24-2010 08:41 PM

Hello from Perth, Western Australia...I am awed by your progress with your "list". I can but try to keep to mine!

dglvr 01-24-2010 10:34 PM

HI from Washington. I have a friend in Presque Isle that you already remind me of. Always sewing for others. She sent me a beautifal quilt in December. She does alot for charities too.
:thumbup:

Sheila Elaine 01-24-2010 10:39 PM

Welcome Clueless, from NE Alabama. Glad you're keeping busy in the cold weather & that you're being productive for yourself for once. I too have given away everything I've ever made, except one Irish Chain that I sold (short on funds). You'll be so happy that you can put up a rack with quilts just for you & your family soon.

SulaBug 01-25-2010 01:38 AM

Hello there & welcome from the state of Washington!!
:D :D :D