Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello from Maine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-maine-t136046.html)

Favorite Fabrics 07-08-2011 10:50 AM

Greetings from western NY! Welcome to the forum.

I work with Joanne, who grew up in Maine. At Christmastime she brought us in some candy that she had made, and asked us if we could guess what was in it. We would NEVER have guessed that there were mashed potatos in the recipe!

Since you're from Maine, I must ask... is this a common recipe up there?

(They were delicious, and did not last long!)

QKO 07-08-2011 11:12 AM

Hello and welcome, from western Nevada!

Annie68 07-08-2011 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics

I work with Joanne, who grew up in Maine. At Christmastime she brought us in some candy that she had made, and asked us if we could guess what was in it. We would NEVER have guessed that there were mashed potatos in the recipe!

Yes, that is common. It was especially used in a candy called Needums, a coconut filling, chocolate covered candy, also for the filling of other hand dipped chocolates. Maybe other candies I'm not familiar with. You're right, yummy!

Annie

:)

LindaM49 07-08-2011 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Annie68

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics

Yes, that is common. It was especially used in a candy called Needums, a coconut filling, chocolate covered candy, also for the filling of other hand dipped chocolates. Maybe other candies I'm not familiar with. You're right, yummy!

Annie

:)

Jumping in here to agree...mashed potatoes in candy filling is so good. A friend of my late mother used to make Coconut Easter eggs and used mashed potatoes in the filling. I had to have the recipe. I made a lot of them and filed the recipe. Well...here it is over 30 years later and my mother is gone and so is her friend...and I can't find her recipe.

:cry: :cry:

maryel 07-08-2011 11:45 AM

Hi Annie, welcome from CT. :-D

Janet L52 07-08-2011 12:40 PM

Hi Annie, welcome from northern California!

KarenK 07-08-2011 01:32 PM

Welcome from Minnesota!

leaha 07-08-2011 01:35 PM

a warm welcome from western Ky!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

blueangel 07-08-2011 01:55 PM

Hello from Kansas

rivka 07-08-2011 02:07 PM

Welcome from SoCal!