Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello from Michigan! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-michigan-t306055.html)

Koda1021 07-31-2019 07:28 AM

Hello from Michigan!

Hi Everyone!
I wanted to stop in and say hello! It's great to meet you all! (I'm excited to have found this board!)

I'm in Michigan, more specifically White Lake, which is a small township about an hour from Flint. I live here with my husband James. I work in the IT industry and am lucky that I now work full time from home. We also do puppy rescue, and work with a local rescue organization. My husband and I mainly foster pregnant strays or strays that had puppies (we don't mind the long commitment). My husband will also assist in transporting rescue puppies from out of state (from high kill shelters). And yes, we are crazy and have 5 dogs of our own, as well as a cat :)

My home office doubles as my craft area, and I am fairly new to quilting and embroidery, but will confess that I am addicted!

I look forward to learning from you all!

osewme 07-31-2019 07:36 AM

Welcome from Texas! I think you will really like this Quilting Board. There are so many helpful people on this board & you will never lack for information. So happy to hear about your puppy rescue work. It's a very good thing you & your husband are doing for the animals.

Tartan 07-31-2019 07:49 AM

​Welcome from Ontario, Canada.

Iceblossom 07-31-2019 07:50 AM

Howdy from the Seattle area of Washington State.

My hubby and his family hail from the Grand Rapids/Holland area so the other side of the state in a straight line. I've only been to Michigan once, hubby and I met on line and I went to meet his friends and family before he moved out here to be with me.

I've been thinking of going back for the big quilt show in Grand Rapids -- and to visit my dear Mother-in-law too (especially since I'd be staying with her)!

My other Michigan connection is Fields fabric. When I've had a hard time finding what I want, I've found it on Amazon offered by Fields.

All of my pets are rescues, or as I say "someone else's problems". I love them dearly. My current two bonded dogs came from a bad situation, their life is so improved with us. Poor little things are terrier mixes (not pitties), knee high and about 25 pounds, they were the neglected dogs only in the garage or backyard, no vet care, never socialized and the one was 3 years old and completely non-housebroken when we got them. Many dogs in their situation give up, but these still wanted and craved human attention and now they get it :)

Only have one cat at the current time. Usually I've had multiple cats but since I've down-sized my dogs to be house dogs that creates feeding problems and I only have one cat feeding station.

Koda1021 07-31-2019 08:24 AM

Ahh, I know the Grand Rapids/Holland area! I used to go to Grand Rapids for doctor appointments (I have epilepsy and they have a great program there). My husband also goes to Holland when he does interstate puppy runs. There is a person there who owns a strip mall, and stores dog food for various stores. When it gets full, the stores let him donate the food to rescues. So, my husband goes there first to get what he can to take to the fosters.

My husband is from Virginia. I grew up in Michigan, but was in Virginia for over 20 years working. When I decided I wanted to move back (slower pace of living) he decided he would marry me and join me :)

SillySusan 07-31-2019 08:45 PM

Hi and welcome from North Carolina! You are really a busy couple! :)

Watson 08-01-2019 03:28 AM

Hello and welcome from Ontario!

Watson

SusieQOH 08-01-2019 04:04 AM

Welcome to the board! You will love it here.
I love how you foster doggies. You have a huge heart! :)

Lori B. 08-01-2019 04:09 AM

Welcome from Oxford, Mi :)

grmamrtha1 08-01-2019 04:19 PM

Welcome from St. Clair Shores, MI. I have a daughter who lives in White Lake. You'll enjoy this board. Sooooo many nice people who have info to share willingly. Enjoy!!