Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello from Mississippi (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-mississippi-t311336.html)

cmtreece 06-10-2020 11:35 PM

Hello from Mississippi

Newbie! Never quilted before! Would love to learn how! I'm sure there is lots of good knowledge on here!

Iceblossom 06-11-2020 12:27 AM

That's a great avatar, cmtreece. Welcome to the forums and to quilting.

Some of us find ourselves quilting with extensive craft or sewing backgrounds, and others of us less so. I don't come from a family tradition of quilting but I decided some 40 years ago as a senior in high school that I wanted to make a quilt to take to college with me. Have quilted every year of my life since then to some degree or another.

We have some wonderfully talented and wildly enthusiastic people as well. The talent is so great that I have given up my magazine subscriptions as this being more worthwhile, fun, and interesting to me.

However it is for you, I hope it's a good time. And please, we do love those pictures. We all have things to share and learn and we learn and share from everyone because we all start and stop somewhere.

toverly 06-11-2020 02:48 AM

Welcome, cmtreece! I'm a former Mississippi girl. There's lots of great people on this board. Just jump on in.

Lori B. 06-11-2020 03:33 AM

Welcome from Michigan!:)

QuiltnNan 06-11-2020 03:39 AM

Welcome and happy quilting :)

Tartan 06-11-2020 05:12 AM

Welcome from Ontario, Canada

junercrosslin 06-11-2020 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by cmtreece (Post 8392516)
Newbie! Never quilted before! Would love to learn how! I'm sure there is lots of good knowledge on here!

Welcome from the Mississippi Gulf Coast.

granky 06-11-2020 05:20 AM

A warm welcome from Southern Indiana! I'm sure it won't take long for the 'quilting bug' to bite you, and then we can see pictures of your quilts! (We love pictures!)

osewme 06-11-2020 07:03 AM

Welcome from Texas. This is a fantastic quilting board for newbies & experienced quilters alike. We all can learn from each other. Lots of people learn to quilt from the Internet. There are tons of tutorials from the very basics to the most intricate. One piece of advice...don't give away your first quilt. It's so much fun to look back as the years go on & see how much you have learned & progressed since that very first quilt. I'd also say start with something small like a lap quilt or even a table runner or wall hanging just to get the "process" down & the different terminology that comes with quilting. Most of all have fun and don't stress out. There are no quilting police here that will tell you that you've done things wrong (unless you are entering your quilt in a show). It's your hobby so do it your way.

juliasb 06-11-2020 08:33 AM

Welcome to the QB from SE Michigan! As a new quilter this is the place to be! There are so many people to help you out as you experience all the new information and joy of quilting. Doing something simple to start with is always a good way to begin. As I mention to every new quilter there are 2 things that you have to learn early on that is squaring up your pieces so they always measure into what you are working on and pressing. Always have your iron on to press your pieces as you go. These two items will make your quilting experiences good. Again welcome to the QB where there are answers for the majority of your quilting needs.