Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   hello, newbie from PA (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-newbie-pa-t2192.html)

moonbeam 09-07-2007 09:37 AM

Looking forward to finishing a quilt I started a long time ago (over 10 yrs) ouch! Trying to finish projects before starting anything new. First project a little overwhelming-a queen size sampler quilt. Plus, I am trying to get used to a new computerized sewing machine. I am also teaching my daughter to sew a pair of pjs for her 4H project. I just finished sewing on stripes and patches on my sister's military uniform, she is in the PA Air National Guard.
After, I sewed her stuff I stitched up two fuzzy pillows for my teenagers for Christmas presents. They are the size of large bed pillows in a fake fur (poodle look). The fabric is so soft, they are going to love them. Anyone have any patterns for bootie type slippers for adults. I have eleven kids ages 11 to 30. Eight girls and three boys. I know God Bless Me! I always wanted a big family! Looking forward to hearing back from everybody!

live2teach 09-07-2007 09:45 AM

Welcome to the family moonbeam! WOW! You have a large family. How do you do it? You must be one strong woman! :D Feel free to post any pictures or questions or comments you like. We'd love to see your quilt once it is....accomplished. We have a list of "dirty-forbidden" words and F*ni*hed is one of them. LOL. So, you'll notice that not very many people use what word. Where do you live in PA?

amma 09-07-2007 11:05 AM

Hi moonbeam, glad to hear from you! :D Wow, you do have a big family, I am surprised you have the time to sew, LOL. I am glad you decided to join us, you will find a great bunch of people willing to help, encourage and share knowledge with you. Feel free to post pictures, we all love to oooh and aaah over each others projects. I seen a pattern on the net a while back for slippers, but can't remember where. Maybe you could google it and find some that way, or someone may post a link here for you too :D

live2teach 09-07-2007 11:53 AM

Here is a pattern that I found. I don't know if you are interested in this one, but you can take a look. Hope this helps!

http://www.ehow.com/how_16355_make-pair-slippers.html

moonbeam 09-07-2007 12:12 PM

thanks for the slipper pattern, i checked it out and it's worth a go. I wanted to make a pair for my neighbor. She is on a fixed income and will be 65 soon. I gave her a similar pair a few years ago, and they are wearing out. All she says is I wish I could find another pair. The ones I gave her had a scene of deer walking through the woods. I haven't seen anything with scenery on them. Her birthday is Oct l3, so I will have to hustle.

live2teach 09-07-2007 12:16 PM

Your very welcome! Glad the site helped. Please be sure to post pics for us, we'd love to see them.

moonbeam 09-07-2007 12:18 PM

Hi, LivetoTeach, I live in Sellersville, PA. It is about 30 minutes from Allentown. I have always believed you should try to do something you like to do everyday. It has always made me happy. I also love to knit, I recently entered four items in the Middletown Grange Fair. I got two ribbons, a first place for a knitted santa, and a second place for a pair of knitted socks. I was very surprised. It was my first fair entry. I am hoping to make a lot of items to put in next year.

live2teach 09-07-2007 12:21 PM

I used to crochet all of the time but now sewing consumes my time. I love sewing and quilting. I still have yet to learn to knit. Congratulations on your fair entry, you definitely should enter more next year. You sound very talented. :D

Coal Miner Wife 09-09-2007 11:59 AM

Welcome moonbeam, I am sort of a newbie also. There are a great bunch of ladies here also a few gents. Always willing to help.

I am from Pa also but the other side of the state. South of Pittsburgh.

sherriah 09-11-2007 02:32 PM

Hi, Moonbeam, Welcome!
Sherri in PA (South East of Pittsburgh)