Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello from North Carolina (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-north-carolina-t289735.html)

rjbquilts 07-19-2017 06:35 AM

Hello from North Carolina

I love to sew, and have since I was a kid. I've done clothes, home decor, and the occasional Halloween costume for my son, but after he grew up there was little left to inspire me. Then one day my step-mother, who used to hand quilt, suggested I look into quilting. Well, I'd rather scrub toilets than hand sew ;), but she showed me how quilting was so much more than that, and took me to my first show in Pigeon Forge, TN as a birthday present. Well, I've been hooked ever since, and love almost every minute of it. I still hate hand sewing, and I don't like to do the actual quilting part(although I do it on a machine), but the fabric, the colors, the patterns, the piecing - all that I love. I've lost track of how many quilts I've made over the last ten years. Duh, didn't think to take pictures of them before giving them away until about 2014. But I can't stop and now have a devoted craft room filled with fabric, 3 sewing machines, and all sorts of tools and notions. Too much fun!!!

Now as to why I'm here. I'm a programmer analyst and I also own a business, but both are done from home, so I'm limited on meeting others. I didn't want to socialize via the Internet, but not wanting to get into the world of Facebook, I was sort of stuck, until I found this wonderful board. I really wanted to meet others that love to craft with fabric, but I didn't particularly care to join a guild, although I do spend a good deal of time in my local quilt store and take classes, but it's still hard to make new friends with the way my life is organized. So, here I am, hoping to hook up with others that have the same obsession - I mean passion :o - about quilting that I do.

So - waving from North Carolina!:wave:

QuiltnNan 07-19-2017 08:07 AM

Welcome from western NY and happy quilting :)

Boston1954 07-19-2017 10:54 AM

Welcome from Oklahoma. You have come to the right place. We live and breathe quilting. I started in 1992 and have made about 92 quilts. (we won't talk about the unfinished ones) :)

Please be sure to show us some of your work.

Mariposa 07-19-2017 11:13 AM

Waving hello, and a big welcome, from Washington! This is a fun place to be! :)

Tartan 07-19-2017 01:34 PM

​Welcome from Ontario, Canada.

Angel Bear 07-19-2017 02:11 PM

Welcome from OHIO! :wave: I think you'll find lots of new friends and tons of info on here. I hope you'll show us some of your quilts.

toverly 07-19-2017 02:20 PM

Welcome from the Florida Panhandle. I don't like the quilting either so I get it done as fast as possible and on to the next project.

rjbquilts 07-19-2017 04:34 PM

Thanks for the welcome!
I created an album with some of my latest work. I hope you take a look. If you do you will see I do all kinds of quilts from landscape to traditional. I like a challenge, then after it has beaten me to a pulp, I jump into something familiar and a lot less taxing on the brain.

Thumbelina 07-20-2017 03:47 AM

Waving from NE Ohio welcome to the board.

Lori B. 07-20-2017 03:50 AM

Welcome from Michigan!:)