Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello from North Dakota (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-north-dakota-t27645.html)

dglvr 10-26-2009 02:15 AM

Hi Pam, Glad your here. I'm from Eastern Washington.
This is my first time to join a web group as well. Its been fun.
It makes you want to hurry and get stuff done so you can post pictures.
You need Ideas for tablerunners? Do you like applique or piecing or both?

Bevanger 10-26-2009 04:19 AM

Welcome aboard. Glad you joined us :D

dvseals 10-26-2009 04:38 AM

*Waves from Iowa* :)

Pam G 10-26-2009 04:15 PM

I have done mostly pieced work, I do want to learn applique. My machine is a Pfaff 2120 embroidery machine so I have tried dabbling mixing embroidery with traditional piecing. Also do some personalized baby & wedding gifts (small pillows & pillow cases).

Currently am looking for ideas that require short bits of time as I work full-time and starting over for the 3rd time in my life (divorce, long distance move, divorce). Current decor is primitive/rustic/country in greens/browns/brick colors. Collect chickens, sunflowers, Jim Shore figurines & FABRIC!

My mother is in a nursing home so I have most of her quilt magazines, books and cottons so I don't think I could use what I have if I lived a long time and I love to buy fabric everywhere I go...yard sales, thrift sores, fabric stores...anywhere. :-)

Jim's Gem 10-27-2009 01:58 PM

Welcome from Southern California

billswife99 10-27-2009 03:01 PM

Welcome from Oklahoma! I have a dil and grand daughter in Grand Forks. My son was there but the Air Force transferred him to Kansas for now. I'm hoping they will all get to live together again soon.
Anyway, I found a cute shop over in Grand Forks, MN across from Cabella's. If you get that way you will have to check it out!

Pam G 10-29-2009 02:13 PM

Thanks for all the welcomes, it has been fun reading them. Its nice to know so many people have someone they know up here.

I've never been to Williston, I do get to Grand Forks - I have an ex-sister in law that I'm close to so I get further North - more in the summer but I know where Cabellas is so I'll look for the quilt store next time I'm up there. I also get to Detroit Lakes a few times a year.

I've kinda lived all over so I also have been to many of the other states mentioned (Lived in: S.Dakota, Washington State, N.Dakota, Virginia, Mississippi, and California). I love to take road trips so have been to: Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Idaho, Oregon, Montana, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, Wisconson, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Missouri, Kentucky, West Virginia, Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, Texas and Hawaii ... upper North East (& Alaska) is about the only place I havent been to, yet anyway. :lol:

Well I joined my first swap and my first bom so I better start piecing :lol:

Pzazz 10-29-2009 02:44 PM

Welcome from "up the road", Pam. I am about 1 1/4 hrs north of you...Crookston. Sounds like your life is much like mine....I am also a "transplant" due to a new marriage. I never liked winter until I moved here. And yes, working really does cut into productive time.!!!! LOL

Glad you have joined us.

littlehud 11-01-2009 09:16 PM

Welcome from SW Iowa. Glad to have you with us.