Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello from Ontario, Canada (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-ontario-canada-t320059.html)

Bitts&pcs 02-08-2023 07:11 AM

Hello from Ontario, Canada

3 Attachment(s)
So many lovely quilts, so little time :)
I am a hand quilter, started in the Seventies, when we were all in to macrame, pottery and quilting, thank goodness only the quilting stuck.
I take my bitts and pcs when I travel, so it's nice to remember where some of my quilts have been pieced.
I only ever attempted one full size quilt, rest are either "youth size" for grandchildren or lap quilts.
The picture are of My sewing room...
Baby quilt I started for my third baby and finished in time for his first baby :)
The last is of my bedroom "throw quilt" started in NM finish in Yukon, so well travelled.
Looking forward to working my way thru the forum to admire all the beautiful work.

thimblebug6000 02-08-2023 07:18 AM

Welcome! And thanks for your photos, a nice spacious sewing area!

my.sewingroom 02-08-2023 08:28 AM

Welcome! You have a lovely sewing room! I started a quilt for one of my sons when he was a pre-teen. He got it after he was married! I understand! LOL

SallyS 02-08-2023 09:11 AM

Welcome from Southern California. I am with you with memories sewn into your beautiful work. When I look at my quilts I remember where they were made, too, and who I was with when I bought the fabric -- it's a travel around the world experience and brings back people who are no longer with me. I think we both have many quilt memories left to make!

Tartan 02-08-2023 10:21 AM

Welcome from a fellow Ontarian! Great set up and lovely quilts!

helou 02-09-2023 03:52 AM

Welcome from Québec city. Nice large sewing area and beautiful quilts.

Lori B. 02-09-2023 04:46 AM

Welcome from Mi! :)

Lena1952 02-09-2023 05:01 AM

Sending a warm welcome from Delaware. Such a tidy workspace. My space looks more like a bomb went off! LOL Lovely quilts.

julybaby8 02-09-2023 05:53 AM

Welcome. Great job on your quilts. Quilting isn’t a race 😉

Bitts&pcs 02-09-2023 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 (Post 8588486)
Welcome! And thanks for your photos, a nice spacious sewing area!

Thank you for the welcome

Originally Posted by my.sewingroom (Post 8588498)
Welcome! You have a lovely sewing room! I started a quilt for one of my sons when he was a pre-teen. He got it after he was married! I understand! LOL

I knew I wasn't the only one

Originally Posted by SallyS (Post 8588506)
Welcome from Southern California. I am with you with memories sewn into your beautiful work. When I look at my quilts I remember where they were made, too, and who I was with when I bought the fabric -- it's a travel around the world experience and brings back people who are no longer with me. I think we both have many quilt memories left to make!

Thanks for the welcome, I pieced a quilt for my firs granddaughter in Monterey:)

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 8588523)
Welcome from a fellow Ontarian! Great set up and lovely quilts!

Thanks fellow Ontarian :)

Originally Posted by helou (Post 8588607)
Welcome from Québec city. Nice large sewing area and beautiful quilts.

and neighbor in Quebec :)

Originally Posted by Lori B. (Post 8588613)
Welcome from Mi! :)

Thank you

Originally Posted by Lena1952 (Post 8588617)
Sending a warm welcome from Delaware. Such a tidy workspace. My space looks more like a bomb went off! LOL Lovely quilts.

The picture was taken strategically, the other half is a home to shelving you wouldn't want to see ;)