Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello from Phoenix Arizona (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-phoenix-arizona-t174291.html)

VIKINGQUEEN 01-03-2012 10:09 AM

Hello from Phoenix Arizona

Hello everyone,
My name is Estella. I am a retired mother of 3, grandmother of 6, have been married to the same man for 39 years now, who supports all of my crazy ideas by the way, & have been sewing since I was about 12 years old. Like many of you I strayed for a bit & went off to try my hand at some of my other interests like, crocheting, beading, home decorating, & scrapbooking. But since I have come back to sewing, I have fallen in love with Quilting. Since I already knew how to sew, I thought I could just go out & get some fabric, dust off my sewing machine, skim over a pattern, & begin to sew. LOL! Quilting has been quite an experience. I now have my share of sewing machines & sergers, build up "My Stash", not material, & have managed to take over 1 of my bedrooms, which is now "My Studio". And of course I just had to have some of the latest new gadgets. WOW, has sewing changed. Anyway, I look forward to learning from you, sharing, & talking, & maybe 1 day meeting in person. For now, Happy Sewing/Quilting everyone. I'm off to try to finish another UFO.

Jersey Gal 01-03-2012 11:50 AM

Hello, and welcome from New Jersey.

suebee 01-03-2012 12:26 PM

Hello Estella and WELCOME. Dont forget about the Phoenix Quilt, Craft & Sewing Festival and the Arizona State Fairgrounds on Jan 26th, 27th and 28th. I look forward to going every year now :)

Originally Posted by VIKINGQUEEN (Post 4838032)
Hello everyone,
My name is Estella. I am a retired mother of 3, grandmother of 6, have been married to the same man for 39 years now, who supports all of my crazy ideas by the way, & have been sewing since I was about 12 years old. Like many of you I strayed for a bit & went off to try my hand at some of my other interests like, crocheting, beading, home decorating, & scrapbooking. But since I have come back to sewing, I have fallen in love with Quilting. Since I already knew how to sew, I thought I could just go out & get some fabric, dust off my sewing machine, skim over a pattern, & begin to sew. LOL! Quilting has been quite an experience. I now have my share of sewing machines & sergers, build up "My Stash", not material, & have managed to take over 1 of my bedrooms, which is now "My Studio". And of course I just had to have some of the latest new gadgets. WOW, has sewing changed. Anyway, I look forward to learning from you, sharing, & talking, & maybe 1 day meeting in person. For now, Happy Sewing/Quilting everyone. I'm off to try to finish another UFO.

katieranch 01-03-2012 12:33 PM

Hi Estella,
I am Kathy and near the Grand Canyon. I also am retired, have 3 children, 10 grandchildren and have been married to the same wonderful man for 41 years. I love to quilt but this year I am embarking on a new venture. I just created a non profit organization that makes quillows for children in Foster Care, shelters and hospitals. So far it has been a whirlwind of activity, fundraising, sewing and delivering, it is amazing. Welcome to the board, happy quilting!

Tweety2911 01-03-2012 12:38 PM

Hello Estell and welcome from New York.

katsewnsew 01-03-2012 12:38 PM

Hi Estella, welcome to the board from Mesa, Arizona!!! Happy New Year!

Janet L52 01-03-2012 02:09 PM

Hello Estella, welcome from northern California!

Favorite Fabrics 01-03-2012 02:42 PM

Welcome, Estella!

Yes, there are way more tools, gadgets, and techniques than there were a few decades ago. Some are overwhelming, but some are essential now!

KarenSimon 01-03-2012 04:04 PM

Hi and Welcome from southern AZ. If you need any help with expanding your stash from shops in Tucson, I can help.

erstan947 01-03-2012 05:45 PM

Welcome from Louisiana:)