Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello from a Quilting PAM (Proud Army Mom) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-quilting-pam-proud-army-mom-t570.html)

mawmawbeve_60 09-26-2007 01:05 PM

I'm a Proud sister of An Army Seargent Major..He is in Kuwait now, and a few weeks going into Iraq..God Be with all and watch over them and protect them.

nanner 09-26-2007 04:34 PM

Just checking w/ yu again.all of you! My son is home,as my mom passed away.............but has told me (a couple of days ago) that he and his wife are having a (HUGE) hard time!! Please pray for him.all of you who believe in the power of prayer! So many come home and can not cope. He has a wonderful wife, Sarah, and 2 beautiful babies!! He needs to be able to work thru this!! Thanks........Nanner

mpeters1200 09-26-2007 04:45 PM

Will pray through this with you.

nanner 09-26-2007 04:55 PM

Thank you so very much!! I appreciate it....we PAM's need to stick together!! Blessings!

live2teach 09-26-2007 08:15 PM

HI and welcome Lynne and welcome! I have a close friend in the Air Force, he is currently stationed in Italy. I always worry about him, even there. Just saw this post, I know you joined before I did, but wanted to give you a warm welcome!

SaraSewing 09-27-2007 02:38 AM

Let me add my proud moments to the other's posted. My son is in Iraq for the second time. He's in electronic intelligence. His 18 months will be up in 4 weeks. Guess you could say we are excited, especially his wife and kids. It's been hard on them. I totally appreciate the wide variety of men and women that are serving our country and I give my highest honor to them. Sara

mimisharon 09-27-2007 07:10 AM

Nanner, so glad you felt comfortable with us in chat last night to share the need of prayer for your family. I am so disappointed in your son's unit, there are so many resources available for the men now that there is no excuse for them not seeing to it that EVERY returning man/woman isn't required to get decompression therapy!!!

I'm praying!

SaraSewing 11-01-2007 07:17 AM

GOOD NEWS! My son got home from Iraq last night. The best "Treat" ever for Halloween. I asked him if it was better than when he got a whole pillowcase of candy when he was about 8 or 9. He said it was much better! They are at Ft. Hood, TX now, but just knowing he's back is a happy day for all of the family. His little 2 1/2 year old (the youngeset) even remembers Daddy. Sara

annmarie 11-01-2007 07:43 AM

Sara-I'm sooo happy for you & your family. I can only imagine all the worry families go thru when a loved one is overseas. Hope you get to see him soon. Hugs.

Lynne 11-02-2007 10:28 AM

Sara -

How wonderful to have you son home!! My son returned to the states in June. I know you will treasure every moment - I did.

Glad to "meet" you.

Lynne