Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello from So. Cal (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-so-cal-t171164.html)

urgodschild2 12-06-2011 11:03 AM

Hello from So. Cal

Hi there,
I guess I should introduce myself as I have been posting comments to different threads. I am Barb and I live right near Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm in Southern CA. I hate living in So. CA. as it is like an Asphalt jungle. The weather is great but the traffic and congestion and too many people and not enough trees wears on me. I just returned from a three year stay in MA. and I want to go back. It is lush and green and you actually get 4 seasons. I love that. I know that is not for everyone but I love it.
For now I had to return to my home in CA. and wait for the market to go up (if ever) so I can sell this place and move back east. In the meantime, I am keeping myself happy quilting. I started quilting a long time ago but honestly I am still a newbie. The last quilt I made was the wedding ring quilt for my daughter's wedding 8 years ago. I attend a class here and there is so much I do not know about quilting. I love learning. I piece by machine and quilt by hand. Being retired and on a fixed income limits me from paying to have my quilts machine done. But I enjoy the hand quilting so it is not a problem.
My biggest project that is still in the thinking mode is restoring my grandma's old quilt that she made when she was 10 years old. (1904). It just amazes me the tiny little squares in it.
I quess I have said enough about me. Hope I didn't bore anyone.

Jersey Gal 12-06-2011 11:09 AM

Hello, and welcome from New Jersey.

Lakeview Quilting 12-06-2011 11:37 AM

Hello, welcome from Oklahoma!!! We lived in Temecula, CA for 8 years, loved it!!!

katydidit 12-06-2011 11:55 AM

welcome from oklahoma

Nanaquilts44 12-06-2011 02:01 PM

Welcome from Houston TX! Loved your introduction. Great to have you here.

QuiltnNan 12-06-2011 02:12 PM

Welcome from Minnesota and happy quilting :)

3incollege 12-06-2011 02:19 PM

welcome from western Pa. Always wanted to go to Knotts Berry farm. We always wonder what it would be like living somewhere else, just make the best of it. I think I'd love to live where you do. I am making a wedding quilt for my DD.
Her wedding was in Aug. It's not near done. Welcome to your new home.

quiltingcandy 12-06-2011 02:19 PM

Welcome from Southern California! I understand what you mean about living here. The sunshine and temperature is nice, but the lack of change of seasons is very hard on those of us that come from other parts of world with four seasons. And they do build on every available square inch which takes away the land for trees and flowers.

Linnie 12-06-2011 02:57 PM

Welcome and just concentrate on the wonderful weather. It can inspire.

Murphy 12-06-2011 03:05 PM

Hi and welcome to the board from Iowa. I loved hearing your story (smile) and hope to see how you restore your grandmother's quilt.