Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello from Stiles, WI (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-stiles-wi-t21461.html)

DustKitties 06-17-2009 06:19 AM

located between Oconto & Oconto Falls, about 30 miles north of Green Bay. I chose my user name,DustKitties, as a spin on dust bunnies. I started quilting about 2 yrs ago, just after retiring, and am new to this forum. My house was cleaner when I worked full time! I belong to one quilting group, Wannabe Quilters in Oconto WI. I just joined a quilt guild, Northwoods Quilters in Marinette WI. I'm intentionally building my stash of fabrics and unintentionally building UFOs/WIP (Works In Progress - acromyn is gentlier on the soul). I just can't deny myself the opportunity of attending another quilt class, afraid I'll miss out on learning a new pattern or technique. I was warned this hobby would be addicting but my family is reaping the benefits. One of these days I will make a quilt for myself.

CajunQuilter2 06-17-2009 07:01 AM

welcome from south louisiana dustkitty. love your name. i am new to quilting also and yes it is addicting. right now i seem to build my stash more than make a quilt.

dvseals 06-17-2009 07:15 AM

*Waves from Iowa* :)

Ducky 06-17-2009 07:21 AM

Welcome from Colorado, Dustkitty. I keep thinking that one of these days I'll actually make something for myself, too. :roll:

You'll love it here on the board. Post pictures when you can -- we love them.

Lisa T 06-17-2009 07:38 AM

Hi Dust Kitties! We are neighbors! I live in Menominee, and I can see Quilter's Haven from my bedroom window! (Awesome for me, not so awesome for DH. LOL!)

I have little kids and too much stuff going on, but someday I will join Northwoods Quilters. I have been to one meeting so far- one where Laurie Ceesay had a trunk show. Not sure of the spelling on her name, but she is amazing!! I am a big fan of hers.

(For the rest of you, Laurie is an art quilter who also makes clothing and just anything. She has a degree in some sort of design or art field, not sure what exactly, but she is GOOD! She has won some national contests and awards and is a bit of a minor celebrity around here. She uses lots of bright colors and so those of you who are familiar with my style will know why I love her work right there.)

DK- this board is great- but addicting. Just keep letting the housework slide and you will still have time to quilt. LOL! Welcome aboard!

Oh! And we love pics! :-)

Lacelady 06-17-2009 07:44 AM

Welcome from Ireland dustkitties. Lacemakers always reckon that dust is furniture's protective covering, as they are too busy to do any dusting too.
I think making lace takes EVEN longer than making quilts.

tlrnhi 06-17-2009 07:49 AM

Hafa Adai and welcome from Guam!

Mousie 06-17-2009 08:13 AM

welcome, Dustkitties, from HOT, Florida! :lol:

Ninnie 06-17-2009 09:00 AM

Welcome from Ninnie in NC!

sewjoyce 06-17-2009 01:55 PM

Hi and Welcome from southern Indiana!