Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello :-) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-t312326.html)

StitchesFiberArts 09-01-2020 11:24 AM

Hello :-)

Hi there! I'm a very new quilter who found this board while searching for information on an old Singer that I rescued from the "bins" at Goodwill. My mother introduced me to quilting about a year ago, and I have to admit that I'm much better at buying fabric than I am at actually sewing lol.

My husband and I married almost 16 years ago, and we have 3 sons (two adult and one teen.) We are a law enforcement family, so things are a bit trying these days. I was a single mom for several years and became a sahm when our youngest was born. We started homeschooling when our oldest was in third grade and have homeschooled since.

I'm looking forward to hopefully making a few friends who love fabric shopping and sewing <3

Tartan 09-01-2020 11:36 AM

Welcome from Ontario, Canada.👋

StitchesFiberArts 09-01-2020 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 8414667)
Welcome from Ontario, Canada.👋

Thank you :-)

Iceblossom 09-01-2020 12:19 PM

Well, I'm not so much on new shopping, but I'm a big believer and shopper of Goodwill and other thrift stores, including most of my fabric.

Sometimes it is the motivation of a big pile of fabric that starts us sewing... sometimes it is just the start of a mountain of fabric instead of just a pile.

We get/accept all kinds here -- glad you found us.

granky 09-01-2020 12:40 PM

Welcome from Southern Indiana....you sound like my daughter...she loves to buy fabric and has a really good eye for color, but when it comes to sewing???? that's another story......however, the main thing is to enjoy it, and I'm sure you will.....

osewme 09-01-2020 01:17 PM

Welcome from Texas. It sounds like you are jumping right in to the quilting world. It's nice to have new members here. Hope your journey is as fun & exciting to you as it is to me. We love pictures & want to see what you are making.

bearisgray 09-01-2020 01:51 PM

Welcome from Minnesota.

I, too, am/was more of a fabric buyer than sewer -

leaha 09-01-2020 02:43 PM

a warm welcome from Ky. I have a modest stash and try to keep it down to what I can store in my little cubby box's , only buy new as I need it for a project. I must admit to a huge weakness when ever I walk into Handcocks of Paducah, there is just so much there I can hardly push my cart by the time I am ready to check out LOL Have a hard time even when I go to the web sight, so much eye candy and you know it is great quilting fabric. So many ideas here and so many lovely people I am sure you will find lots to have fun with, happy quilting!

goldsberry921 09-01-2020 03:41 PM

Welcome to the forum from Central Texas! Lots of creativity and helpful people!

Lori B. 09-02-2020 03:43 AM

Welcome from Michigan!:)