Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-t317423.html)

Quilting Raven 01-27-2022 06:14 PM

Hello

I wanted to introduce myself (especially since I’m seeking help). I started quilting a few (3-4) years ago and then took 2 years off. I’ve completed 11 quilts, have 8 pieced, 3 in the cutting stage, and too many to count in the mental design stage. I have just bought a used tin Lizzie with a frame. My father had no idea what he was getting into when he offered to drive me 4 hours to look at a long arm. Poor man.

Currently she hates to stitch backwards. Bad encoders?

Lori B. 01-28-2022 04:44 AM

Welcome from Michigan! :) I'm not able to answer your question but several in the group may have an answer for you.

QuiltMom2 01-28-2022 04:59 AM

Welcome to the board. Wish I could help with your Tin Lizzie problem.

Tartan 01-28-2022 06:02 AM

Welcome from Ontario, Canada. I don’t have a longarm so I can’t help.

Snooze2978 01-28-2022 06:15 AM

You sound just like the rest of us with lots of quilt tops needing quilted, tops in the process of being finished to quilting stage, some still in block stage and lots and lots floating around in our head. I have 12 tops in line for quilting, 1 on the frame now, just finished 4 to block stage and 6 on the shelf waiting to be started. Oh yes, I have one I'm trying to design as I go around a panel which has given me fits so it's on the sideline right now.

Welcome to the madhatter group.

Also it's been over 6 months or more since I touched my quilt system. Got it turned on yesterday, cleaned and oiled it. Then I found some of my cords were getting caught behind so had to come up with a solution to that issue. Have 1 more issue to solve and I'll be good as new again. Had a little issue with the machine as I couldn't remember which way the thread should go into the bobbin. Yes, it's been that long ago since I touched it. Had a bit of loops on the top so stopped, frogged it and continued. Seems to only happen when I change bobbins though for the 1st inch or 2. Now I'm on my way to getting this bad boy quilt top done.

juliasb 01-28-2022 07:02 AM

Welcome from SE Michigan! OK jump right in with you questions and we will work together to see if we can find an answer. Again welcome to the QB.

Fabric Galore 01-28-2022 07:26 AM

Welcome to the Board. I wish I could help you but I don't own a long-armer. Did you receive instructions when you bought the long arm? I'm sure that someone on this board is familiar with the Tin Lizzie and can help you. Good Luck!

Quilting Raven 02-01-2022 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by Snooze2978 (Post 8533879)
You sound just like the rest of us with lots of quilt tops needing quilted, tops in the process of being finished to quilting stage, some still in block stage and lots and lots floating around in our head. I have 12 tops in line for quilting, 1 on the frame now, just finished 4 to block stage and 6 on the shelf waiting to be started. Oh yes, I have one I'm trying to design as I go around a panel which has given me fits so it's on the sideline right now.

Welcome to the madhatter group.

Also it's been over 6 months or more since I touched my quilt system. Got it turned on yesterday, cleaned and oiled it. Then I found some of my cords were getting caught behind so had to come up with a solution to that issue. Have 1 more issue to solve and I'll be good as new again. Had a little issue with the machine as I couldn't remember which way the thread should go into the bobbin. Yes, it's been that long ago since I touched it. Had a bit of loops on the top so stopped, frogged it and continued. Seems to only happen when I change bobbins though for the 1st inch or 2. Now I'm on my way to getting this bad boy quilt top done.

I’m sure you will kick its butt.

I had to take a few days off to work and I don’t get anything else done when I work. I thought about explaining to my boss I had a new toy and work would get in the way of playing with it, but somehow I didn’t think she would understand.

Quilting Raven 02-01-2022 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by juliasb (Post 8533912)
Welcome from SE Michigan! OK jump right in with you questions and we will work together to see if we can find an answer. Again welcome to the QB.

Thank you! I think I’m figuring it out step by step. I’ve decided she’s (the long arm, I’m considering naming her Sally or maybe Louise) just mad at me for throwing her into the back of a car and bringing her home where she’s turning into a cat bed. I seem to keep having tension issues. I’m fairly certain my current ones are caused by me having the top too tight.

Quilting Raven 02-01-2022 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore (Post 8533919)
Welcome to the Board. I wish I could help you but I don't own a long-armer. Did you receive instructions when you bought the long arm? I'm sure that someone on this board is familiar with the Tin Lizzie and can help you. Good Luck!

Instructions were included for assembling the frame, but not for the machine. I’m slowly figuring it out.