Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-t53658.html)

Marcia Newcomb 07-09-2010 04:07 PM

Hello to all of you. I just stumbled across this website while looking for ideas for a quilt label to attach to a "Bento Box" quilt I just finished for my son's girlfriend. Still looking for label ideas, but I am excited about getting to know this website.

I live near the sleepy little town of Sabinsville, Pa., located in Tioga County, Pa., not far from the New York State border in north central Pennsylvania.

I have two kids, actually they think they are grown men, but they are just confused. My oldest son is 30 and is serving in the Air Force in Spain, my youngest son (the one with the girl friend) is 27, and works for Dominion Gas.

I am the Business Manager of the Wellsboro Area School District in Wellsboro, PA. If you have heard of the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon, it is located in the school district.

My Grandmother taught me to sew when I was just a kid, started out making aprons, then clothing, then on to quilts. I took my first organized quilt class in 1980.....dragging my baby son along with me to classes....thank goodness he was an angel!!! Seriously!!

Anyway, I try to quilt as often as I can, which isn't near enough lately. My work is way to demanding, but when I have had enough of the pressures of work, I make myself back off and spend a few days "holed up" at home with my sewing machine.....wonderful therapy.

I am one of those quilters who have several projects going on at the same time, never seem to get caught up, always looking for new fabric and I love quilt books!!! Anyway, my stash is one I am very proud of. :-)

So.o.o....I am looking forward to getting to know new friends through this website and our shared interest in quilting.

Talk to you soon,
Marcia Newcomb

erstan947 07-09-2010 04:10 PM

Welcome to the QB from Louisiana. This is a great place to learn, teach, share and get inspiration.

saf45 07-09-2010 04:10 PM

welcome,you will love this board, it is totally awesome,i can only speak for myself, i am a hoarder of fabric, books and a whole lot of ufos, lol

Marcia Newcomb 07-09-2010 04:14 PM

Hello Louisianna (spelling is terrible)
Thanks for the welcome, I am looking forward to having this little gem of a web site provide much needed motivation for me to be creative.

What kind of project(s) are you presently working on?

Marcia

Marcia Newcomb 07-09-2010 04:16 PM

We must be twin sisters!!!

Marcia

dkabasketlady 07-09-2010 04:17 PM

Hi and welcome from the sunny state of Florida!!!
You'll love this board! My DH's family is from Lancaster, PA., definitely quilt country!!!

dsb38327 07-09-2010 04:21 PM

Welcome to the Quiltingboard from Crump, Tennessee. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do. /Regards, Dorothy

Jim's Gem 07-09-2010 04:29 PM

Welcome to the board from Southern California!!!

CarrieAnne 07-09-2010 04:42 PM

Welcome!

littlehud 07-09-2010 04:44 PM

Hello and welcome from SW Iowa. Glad to have you here.