Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello from Virginia (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-virginia-t12814.html)

LynnS 11-02-2008 05:06 AM

I just found this site and thought that I'd register so that I could meet some like-minded quilters.

I live in the northern Shenandoah Valley in Virginia. I've quilted for 33 years now (I made my first quilt when I was 21) and since I've been quilting for so long, I have a large stash and a tall UFO pile. Like many other quilters, I have been working to reduce my stash and my UFO pile. I've been focused on this goal for more than 2 years now. So far, so good!

I look forward to reading this forum!

june6995 11-02-2008 05:17 AM

Welcome from a WVa native who lived in the Gateway to the Shenandoah Valley for the 1st 20 years of her life. For the past 55 years I have lived various places but have a permanent retirement home in Cincinnati, Ohio.

You will find quite a few "like-minded" quilters here. And not all gals.
We have our guys that quilt and personally, I think that helps keep us balanced.

Welcome and be sure to show us some of your work.

June (a former neighbor who visits the area regularly)

QuiltingTurtle 11-02-2008 05:21 AM

Welcome to the board, from Rhode Island. I know you will love it here.

Bevanger 11-02-2008 05:37 AM

Hello and Welcome from Washington :P

Craftybug 11-02-2008 05:42 AM

Hi there, and welcome from North Carolina.

Alaskan lady 11-02-2008 05:45 AM

Welcome from Southeast Alaska. With all those UFO's we will be so excited to see lots of pictures.

mgshaw 11-02-2008 06:38 AM

Hi!!! Welcome from Oklahoma!!!

LynnS 11-02-2008 08:05 AM

Thanks for the nice welcome today!

June, I just read your comment on my blog. I see we are 'neighbors'. I go in to Martinsburg to do family genealogy (my great great great grandfather was married in Berkeley Springs in 1799!). Like many before me, I was born in WV. I have traced one line of my family back to the 1750s in WV (Roger Dyer in the Fort Seybert Massacre in Pendleton WV) and 1760s with my Keister family (in Brandywine). Last year, I found the original farm and the family cemetery, and even met a cousin. Tracing my family lines has been an incredible experience.

Quilting, Bevanger, Craftybug, and Mgshaw -- I have been in and out of each of your states in our travels. Our 2008 trip took us as far as Idaho and Washington. My husband and I love to travel, but while we're on the road, I really miss my quilting projects.

Alaskan lady, I have not been in Alaska yet, but very much want to visit your state in the near future. Thanks for the welcome!

As for my unfinished stuff, I've been working on the pile for a few years. I usually put some photos on my blog as I work on something (or finish something).

For now, I have been longarm quilting on a 24 year old top -- I made it when I was expecting my second child. LOL It's been on my LA for more than a month now because I decided to make my own templates and quilt custom feathers everywhere. (Boy does that take a long time!) Anyway, I hope to have it ready for binding in the next day or so.

pocoellie 11-02-2008 01:05 PM

Welcome from NE CA. Glad to have you on board.

LynnS 11-03-2008 05:18 AM

Greetings, Pocoellie and Loretta. I have visited both of your states, too. This year, we were in Wisconsin and we were able to see how beautiful the state is in autumn. Pocoellie, I have been into the NE part of CA, in and around Susanville where I caught the biggest rainbow trout ever (at Eagle Lake). LOVED that area, even though we were out there in November!

Here, we're having a cool, overcast day -- one of those days that is perfect to stay inside and sew!