Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello from Yardley, Pennsylvania (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-yardley-pennsylvania-t291607.html)

Sharenv 10-02-2017 10:09 AM

Hello from Yardley, Pennsylvania

1 Attachment(s)
I live near Lancaster County which is where the Amish live and quilt. I've been quilting for more than 25 years, but my love of quilting intensified with my first trip to Lancaster. I've been hoarding fabric all my life (much to my husband's dismay!), but am really ramping up now in preparation for my retirement in 3 years. I just purchased a new machine - although hubby cannot understand what was wrong with the other 5 I already own - and am reorganizing my sewing studio. I also have a brand new granddaughter, Harper[ATTACH=CONFIG]581639[/ATTACH] who will be three weeks old tomorrow and for whom I plan to make many quilts as she grows up.

Tartan 10-02-2017 10:18 AM

​Welcome from Ontario, Canada. Congratulation on your new granddaughter!

M.Elizabeth 10-02-2017 10:37 AM

Nothing like grandchildren! They just grow up too quickly. We raised our two oldest from the time they were 5 & 7. Now they are 18 & 20. Time indeed flies. Welcome to the board from the beautiful mountains of western NC. You will learn many things from great quilters on this site.

QuiltnNan 10-02-2017 10:39 AM

Welcome from western NY and happy quilting :)

Katyluton 10-02-2017 11:03 AM

Hello fom UK. A lot of what you say strikes a chord with me: befotr I retired I bought lots of fabric, with the excuse that I may not be able to afford it later and it eill keep me out of mischief! Well, I keep making quilts, and giving them away, and still my stash seems not to ho down, and I would really like to have some of the new ranges....another drawback is that every now and then when I look at some of the new fabrics online I am shocked by the cost of them these days!
Your granddaughter will give you lots of opportunities fir auilts, changing through the years. Mine is ten already, and I have made her several...Kate

osewme 10-02-2017 12:27 PM

Hello & welcome from Texas! It sounds like you are ready for retirement & you've been doing the right thing by buying fabric now when you can afford it. I wish I had thought ahead & did what you are doing. Since I did not, it's not easy for me to quilt as much as I would like. You will get tons of help & encouragement from the members of this board.

D.Henson 10-02-2017 01:02 PM

Welcome from California. Enjoy that cute little grandbaby. Harper is such a cute name.

Terry99 10-02-2017 03:05 PM

Welcome from Arkansas. Enjoy both retirement and grandkids.

mandyrose 10-02-2017 03:09 PM

welcome from lehigh valley pa we are almost neighbors...................beautiful grandaughter and indeed they grow fast mine are 22,23 and 13...........

NJ Quilter 10-02-2017 06:08 PM

Welcome from NJ...just across the river in Pennington, NJ. Enjoy your new granddaughter. I love shopping in Lancaster and it's a blessing that it's just a hop, skip and a jump away!