Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   help from SouthAmerica (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/help-southamerica-t218046.html)

Mery 04-02-2013 05:08 AM

help from SouthAmerica

Dear everybody,

I am from South America (Uruguay) and I am writing to you because I have a sewing treadle machine, a very old one but I do know nothing about it. What I can tell you is that this machine was in my grandparents house for more than 60 years. It belonged to my grandmum, who had it for her own for 60 years, she passed away 5 years ago and my mum think this machine was of her grandmum before mine.

Some features of this machines are:

1) The brand name, printed on it: VERTEX sewing machine Co. Like Singer's machines the brand name is tipically painted and embossed along the top. I know is possively a copy of a Singer treadle machine but does anyone know anything about the Vertex Treadle sewing machine?

3) Like all vintage machines it was manufactured in metal. It is black with gold writing, lettering or designs all over it and looks just like the old singer machines. It comes in a cabinet of wood. The badge on the machine has 2 lions on a shield sides, the shield has 4 quadrants and inside each one a crown. Another red big crown is over the shield. There are several attached pictures of the machine in this e-mail.

2) I found the serial number under the machine on a grey sheet of metal.

4) It move up and down and it is in perfect appearance and perfect conditions. It doesnt make a noise when is working and it works very well! My grandmum always keeped her treadle sewing machine ready for use.

I dont care about the commercial or monetary value of this machine, if it has. I know there are several badged machines all over the world and this one seems to be one of them. Anyway, it has another kind of value since it belonged to my family. I want to know something about the years of the machine, although approximately, something about the brand, anything you know. I will appreciate some help.

Best regards

Marķa

Abby'smom 04-02-2013 05:56 AM

:)welcome from se Texas -- what a wonderful treasure -- someone on QB will be able to help as there is a thread for vintage machines -- :thumbup:

mighty 04-02-2013 06:42 AM

Welcome from California!

QuiltnNan 04-02-2013 08:29 AM

Welcome from Minnesota and happy quilting :)

twinkie 04-02-2013 09:04 AM

Welcome to the board from the friendly State of Alabama, USA

Mery 04-02-2013 10:30 AM

Hi! I will post my message in that thread for vintage machines. Thanks a lot! Maria

Pat M. 04-02-2013 10:34 AM

Hi there from New Mexico.

ArtsyOne 04-02-2013 10:54 AM

Welcome to the board from Minnesota! I have a former exchange student who now lives in Uruguay - what a small world!

gigi4419 04-02-2013 01:55 PM

Welcome from Texas!

nygal 04-02-2013 02:05 PM

Welcome from New York. Can you post a picture of the machine? That would help out a lot I am sure.