Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hi from Canada (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hi-canada-t1967.html)

griesec 08-22-2007 08:13 AM

Hi everyone,

I am a relatively new quilter and am currently learning many techniques on a long arm machine. I have done approximately 4 quilts so far.
I live in Ottawa, Ontario and was wondering if there were any other quilters out there that I may get together with to discuss long arm quilting with.

ceannastahr 08-22-2007 07:43 PM

There are a few everyone here is very helpful. Just post your question on the main forum and you'll have answers in no time. You won't find a friendlier group of people anywhere

SandraJennings 08-23-2007 08:33 AM

Welcome Griesec! Yes we have a few on here who longarm it and plenty who use the regular ol'machine. You will find plenty of info and fun new friends here.

lin 08-23-2007 09:41 AM

Welcome griesec. I wish I had a long arm, but I machine quilt anyway on my Juki quilter. I love my machine, but if I could afford one, I'd have a long arm. I think they're faster, and definitely easier on the shoulder muscles. :)

JS 10-05-2007 04:12 AM

Hi Canada, welcome.....ditto on what everyone said about the group. I do not have a long arm machine. Gee, after about 35 years I have finally gotten a new machine. Since I consider myself a beginner quilter I am not into the fancy machines yet although for me this machine is pretty darn fancy with all it can do. I love to quilt by hand,but to save some time I needed a machine that would help me to learn the craft more up close and personal.So, after talking to my fellow board members and reading alot about machines and what is the right one for you I got a Brother. It is enough for me to tackle right now as I am still mastering chewing gum while walking. The long arm machines facinate me and I would would like to learn more about them.I will look forward to messages and talk on the board between you long arm quilters.
My Best To You
Hi fellow board members...
Jean

live2teach 10-05-2007 04:21 AM

Welcome to the family! We are thrilled to have you on board! Feel free to post any questions, comments or pictures you may have! :)

Andi 11-30-2007 08:55 PM

HELLO THERE, I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT LONG ARM QUILTING, BUT I AM CANADIAN, DOES THAT COUNT FOR ANYTHING? LOL

WELCOME ABOARD, I AM SURE THAT SOMEONE HERE WILL HELP YOU OUT. ARE YOU BURIED UNDER A METRE OF SNOW YET? OUT HERE IN VANCOUVER WE DON'T HAVE ANY IN THE CITY, BUT THE SKI HILLS ARE GETTING READY TO OPEN!

HUGS ANDREA

Shadow Dancer 12-01-2007 03:26 AM

Hi there,

Welcome to the group, it's great to have you join us. :) I don't have a long arm, but I too hail from Ontario, Canada. :)

ania755 12-01-2007 06:52 AM

Hi Jean
I am relativelly new in here...and new to quilting.....(done two double size and two baby size quilts).....living now in Mexico....Thinking to upgrate to a more advance machine....I like the Brothers machines because they have some service here in Mexico......Which brother machine do you have? Would you recomend it for me? I really want one that will make a nice stippling an a good stitch.....(I have an old kennmore and the brother XR65 and getting a brother serger very soon).....
Ania