Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   HI Everyone!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hi-everyone-t7067.html)

retrogirl02 05-12-2008 06:10 AM

2 Attachment(s)
HI! I go by Retrogirl02 online. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 little munchkins, who I absolutely adore. When I'm not busy changing diapers, playing in the park, or looking for strawberry shortcake items, I do manage to get a tiny bit of quilting in. Generally, it's very late at night and cuts into my sleeping time but OH SO worth it.

Quilting completely relaxes me and gives me a little alone time amidst the chaos. I'm currently working on a grandmother's flower garden for my niece & collecting fabrics for my next 2 projects---or at least, that's the plan today. Things change quickly in a house of 5 as many of you know.

My next will likely be a bear's paw and then I have a red/white true charm quilt that I've REALLY been wanting to do for quite a while. Then, another grandmother's flower garden & something contemporary which brings me to my late 70s by all estimates. LOL.

I found the board while looking for fabric swaps and joined just last night. I look forward to meeting some people with similar interests. I'm a relatively new quilter and I have an embroidery machine (an old Janome) that I've not had time to master----SOMEDAY. Oh, to have free time. I'd like to learn to sew, but again have put that on the back burner. I have collected some wonderful patterns that I know will make me incredibly fashion forward (hmm, or backwards maybe) in the future.

I'm content to get a little piecing done for now & have only done hand quilting in the past other than a little quilt as you go project. So, that's me & I look forward to chatting with you all.
Thanks, Retrogirl

Gold and white on my 2do list
[ATTACH=CONFIG]9334[/ATTACH]

This is the first block. I have 3 completed and some material ready for my next 3 (gold/white).
[ATTACH=CONFIG]9390[/ATTACH]

Butterflyspain 05-12-2008 06:16 AM

Hi Retrogirl, a warm welcome to you we love to hear all your news. You sound a real busy Mum. Looking forward to seeing your work. there are people from all over the world on here. Where are you ??

Elle in Spain

retrogirl02 05-12-2008 06:21 AM

I'm in the midwest United States, currently living in Indiana. Thanks for your kind words.

amma 05-12-2008 06:28 AM

Hello and Welcome :D Thank you for sharing your pictures :D You will love it here! :D

Butterflyspain 05-12-2008 06:29 AM

Hi again, I have been busy quilting today, but then I have loads of time now I am retired... yee ha. :D :!: Feeling quite chuffed with myself as I did some paper piecing which I had not tried before and ended up with quite a fair looking "flying geese" thingy for my latest quilt.
Everyone is so helpful here think you will make loads of people who will help you if you get stuck on a project. Ta ta for now Elle

tlrnhi 05-12-2008 03:31 PM

Welcome and Hafa Adai from Guam!

judy_68 05-12-2008 04:10 PM

Hello,
You will love it here. I have learned alot from this group.
Judy in OHio

live2teach 05-12-2008 04:17 PM

Hello and welcome to the board. We're thrilled to have you and thanks for sharing your picture, I hope there are more to come. WELCOME!:)

joannl 05-12-2008 06:58 PM

Hi Retrogirl, love the name! I hope you enjoy the board, lots of really nice people with lots of talent here.

Jo

retrogirl02 05-12-2008 08:09 PM

Thanks. Hey, Joannl...LOVE your avatar. Awesome work. I would absolutely love to learn to applique like that. Truly beautiful.