Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hi from a fulltime RV'er (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hi-fulltime-rver-t150908.html)

Quilted Dogs 09-06-2011 08:20 PM

Hope to retire in couple years and move back to Syracuse NY and also in the winter do some RVing. My DH says we have to downsize for sure and in looking at everything, gosh....my quilting room would take up the whole RV...oops....how do u downsize that.....lol

NitaM39 09-06-2011 08:26 PM

Welcome to the QB. We are ex-Escapees and were on the road full time for several years. Enjoy.

And to whoever asked where you keep your stash - I can answer that - anywhere there is a hole, under the couch, under the bed, in the basement (if you have one). In the microwave (well, not really).

Nita currently in MI

MaryStoaks 09-06-2011 09:28 PM

Welcome from the California desert. :thumbup:

sik1010 09-07-2011 02:18 AM

Hello, and welcome from Michigan!

basktcse 09-07-2011 05:02 AM

We also got rid of one couch for the sewing/embroidery machine placement. I spend my summers in coastal Maine sewing for lobster and scallops. I teach sewing some days too. Have 2 machines and my serger, but that is used in the campground rec hall or on nice days at the picnic table. I have a bit of my stash with me...rest is in our stick house in Florida. We have a wonderful discounted fabric outlet nearby tho.
Welcome to the group
Sheila

Lori B. 09-07-2011 05:06 AM

Welcome from Michigan.:)

Buttons922 09-07-2011 05:13 AM

Hi! I am also a fulltime RV'er and usually at Hart Ranch just down the road from you. But for my hubby's medical challenges we are iin Fredericksburg, TX. I am also jealous that you that you get to go the one of the best Quilt shows this weekend. When you stop at the Quilt Corral and look at the beautiful quilts hanging in the Garden...Please tell Joan and the girls that Kris misses them and I am sorry I am not there THIS YEAR. We will talk during the winter and see if the place you are at is looking for Workampers for next spring. Where are you going this winter?

Highmtn 09-07-2011 05:14 AM

Hi! Welcome from the W. WA state coast.

I'm new too and if you take the time to look around ALL the links you'll find this place to be more fun then Disneyland (and I've ONLY scratched the surface!). Love it!

linmid 09-07-2011 05:14 AM

We almost became full time RV'ers, but I really need the stability of a land home. So we just travel a lot by car and stay in motels or park cabins. Right now we are planning on leaving next Thursday and drive up to Nova Scotia. We will be gone for about a month. We live next to our daughter so we don't have to worry about our home. When kids were younger we did a lot of camping for our vacations and I do miss that sometime. Oh well can't have it all. Enjoy your RVing.

lorimax5859 09-07-2011 05:18 AM

Hi and welcome from Arizona.