Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hi, I need some encouragement! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hi-i-need-some-encouragement-t176233.html)

treebrook 01-19-2012 02:18 PM

Hi, I need some encouragement!

Hi, I'm treebrook! I'm new to this and have started a "English paper piecing" project. I guess I just didn't understand that I needed so many "wheels" to make my quilt. I have over 275 of them made and now find that to make the size that I want I need that many more plus some. It sure gets boring! I think I need some push and get up and go. This is all done by hand. I sit in doctor's offices and other waiting rooms working on it.
I do lots of knitting and can knit, read a book and watch TV at the same time. Now this sewing is another story!

delma_paulk 01-19-2012 03:25 PM

Bet it will be beautiful when finished! Use it for busy work like at dr off or waiting other places or traveling, but have another one to work on in the meantime. Go back and forth between them.....I always have more than one project at a time as i easily get bored.

Good Luck and hope the next part goes faster for you.

delma

paulswalia 01-19-2012 03:33 PM

You've come to the right place - lots of encouragement here! If you want to really get us all exceited, post some photos of what you have completed so we can oooh and ahhh over it! Delma's idea is a good one - have a back up project so you can get a break from doing the same thing over and over. Remember, some of those beautiful quilts you see took years and years to be completed. Maybe some interim goal setting will help you. Decided you are going to make a certain number per week. That all said, welcome aboard - remember to quilt for more hours than you spend reading posts on the Quilting Board!

Gladys 01-19-2012 05:57 PM

Oh please take a picture and show us. Many would love to see what you've done. I agree I like Delma's idea too. Have you tried the hexagons? I love to do those.

Welcome from North Carolina.

DeMaris 01-19-2012 07:02 PM

I would love to seem a picture or two....sounds awesome!!!

sharon b 01-19-2012 07:09 PM

Hello and Welcome aboard ! I sew them and watch TV - It will be beautiful when it is done :)

QuiltnNan 01-19-2012 07:21 PM

Welcome from Minnesota and happy quilting :)

Tartan 01-19-2012 07:26 PM

Bonnie Hunter over at www.quiltville had a paper pieced hexagon project that she did. It took a long time but she posted pictures of her progress on her blog. Take a look at how hers is done and it will encourage you to keep going. If that doesn't work, think about doing a bed runner for your bed instead of a quilt. Bed runners are very "in" right now. Good Luck!

JJean 01-19-2012 07:33 PM

That's a lot of wheels! It's okay to take a break too. I have several projects going. It sounds gorgeous!

Welcome from snowy Washington state!

SueDor 01-20-2012 02:45 AM

Hi from Ohio!