Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hi, I'm new to this board but not to quilting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hi-im-new-board-but-not-quilting-t20785.html)

conblond2005 06-04-2009 01:53 PM

Welcome from Bennett, Colorado.

cyniree 06-05-2009 07:06 AM

Hi Jane,

Welcome from Kansas. I too am a fabric-holic and its a serious one. LOL My kids are always telling me to do something with the fabric. I have tried to explain its not that simple, my daughter who is 25 and i am helping her with her first quilt and I am so excited. She is now understanding, but the boys never will get it. I will be posting when she gets it done. We started this week. I love your coon kitty, very pretty. I have a tortoise shell kitty, and mini schnauzer. They too are very spoiled indoor babies. Glad you found the group.

Cindy

mary quite contrary 06-05-2009 07:10 AM

Welcome from Dallas, Texas.

Quilt4u 06-05-2009 10:47 AM

Hi and welcome from MA.

pennyswings 06-05-2009 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Hi everyone,
I just discovered this wonderful message board while doing a google search for the Star Spin quilt pattern. I found a source through you wonderful folks but have not yet ordered the pattern as I have so many patterns pending. Seems WIP is commonality amongst us all!
I started quilting in the early 90's and am a full fledged fabric-aholic and proud of it! :D
My other interests are my cats (go figure given my screen name!) I have five of them. 2 ragdoll cats 1 norwegian forest cat 1 maine coon (my avatar picture)and a stray foundling who found us last Columbus day. As I live out in the country I suspect the poor little thing was a "dump". Her hard start in life has been more then made up for and she is a pampered indoor puss now and has all the boys wrapped around her furry little paw. I also dabble in painting and a ride a Harley Davidson Road King.
I look forward to chatting with you, picking up tips and tricks, enjoying pictures of all your beautiful quilts and sharing a few of my own.
Jane

Welcome Jane, from Argentina. You will love this board. Everyone here is so great, helpful and encouraging. I love the rag doll cats. My niece in NY has a male and he sleeps with me when I go to visit. God he must weigh 20 pounds, he cuts off the circulation in my legs when he gets on top of me but he is such a doll. Post some pictures of your furry family. I would love to see them.

sharon b 06-05-2009 10:38 PM

Hi and Welcome from Northern Indiana !
Sharon

Ninnie 06-06-2009 01:49 AM

Hi and a great big welcome from Ninnie in NC!

gramadona 06-06-2009 11:02 AM

Hello and welcome from California.
I love this group!! And have learned so much... and continue to learn as I'm fairly new to quilting. Everyone is helpful and encouraging... and we all love pictures!

conblond2005 06-07-2009 10:06 AM

We have a nice Harley but I would sure not want to ride it by myself. My sister rides but I'm too big a chicken. Just give me a little dirt bike and I can ride those. :P

GailG 06-12-2009 07:13 PM

Hey, and welcome from another South Louisiana gal. I don't have cats and I don't have a Harley, but I do have grandkids and great grandkids. And almost forgot -- lots of WIPs and UFOs. I've learned so much from this group.