Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hi my name is Sandi and I am renewing my quilting skills (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hi-my-name-sandi-i-am-renewing-my-quilting-skills-t43361.html)

Sanbriche 04-20-2010 02:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I learned to cut and make templates and to cut out pieces sitting at my grandmother's knee when I was 5 years old in Newport News, Virginia. My grandmother was a very frugal lady, every scrap could be re-purposed to meet a need. She was born in 1908 and lived through the great depression, and during World War II had her only child, my mother in 1943. She was amazing and so resourceful, if you needed a new gown to sleep in she would alter one of her old slips and add new straps and perhaps applique something pretty on the hem. I am just getting back to the quilting as I have had several very severe medical problems. I have PTSD from the night of June 10, 2009 when I saw my oldest daughter Brittany's husband Michael just after he had been hit, killed, and drug a quarter of a mile under the SUV the Police man's wife drove with a blood alcohol of .297. She is doing 20 years. Then in December I had three major heart attacks and now only have the top part of my heart working. I can't do much so quilting and crochet have been my only pastime. I have been out of work for 10 months and for those same 10 months I have lived alone with no one to help me. I filed for disability in December but have not heard anything yet. I look forward to speaking to you as I am quite the novice when it comes to quilting. I am however making a yo-yo quilt for my youngest daughter Chelsea, and when I finish it I want to make a cathedral window quilt for my oldest daughter.

Hi, I'm Sandi from Pensacola, FL
[ATTACH=CONFIG]61073[/ATTACH]

Lacelady 04-20-2010 02:26 PM

A big welcome from Ireland - I hope you like it here, there are lots of people willing to help if you need it.

Jim's Gem 04-20-2010 02:28 PM

Welcome to the board from Southern California!!
I hope your health holds up so you can quilt and crochet to your heart's content!!!

craftybear 04-20-2010 02:29 PM

Welcome, waving from Indiana, USA

dkabasketlady 04-20-2010 02:34 PM

Hi and welcome from Lakeland, FL. I'm so sorry about all the tragedies in your life, but hang in there! I'm also on social security disability and it does take some time to get it!! Don't give up, it took me almost three years before I was approved.

erstan947 04-20-2010 03:04 PM

Welcome from Louisiana. Quilt memories from our childhood are so special.

Marjpf 04-20-2010 03:37 PM

Welcome from the greater Los Angeles area. Hope quilting will give you fond memories of your Grandmother and take away the bad memories of the rest.

rhondakp 04-20-2010 04:04 PM

Welcome from southern Indiana!

MoMoSews 04-20-2010 04:07 PM

Howdy from Illinois

MamaBear61 04-20-2010 04:13 PM

Hello and welcome from Ontario