Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hi from Sun City Roseville, California (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hi-sun-city-roseville-california-t35025.html)

kwilltr 01-24-2010 04:28 PM

I've subscribbed to the Quilting Board for a long, long, time but have never been inspired to write anything. But now I'm so upset about what has happened at Quilter's Home magazine, I had to vent! I read Mark's blog, which doesn't say why he left the magazine, and it sounds like he's into all kinds of things. I loved his mag.....his natural way of communicating seemed like he was always talking to me directly. I loved his sense of humor and his directness. It was (and I emphasize the "was") a refreshing publication. I personally found most of the articles useful, if not interesting. I just received the February 2010 issue and (someone else mentioned this) they are trying to copy his style--only without Mark's wry sense of humor (I loved it when he called us "cupcakes." I'm cancelling my subscription immediately!

Jim's Gem 01-24-2010 04:45 PM

Welcome to the board from Southern California!
I didn't receive that magazine and so don't know anything about what's going on. I did see the blog where he said that he wasn't going to be a part of it any more

shawnan 01-24-2010 07:50 PM

I just wanted to say welcome. Hope this board can fill the void for you.

By the way, my best friend and quilting partner moved to here from your neck of the woods. They lived in Roseville, and later in Loomis before they moved here. Their daughter still lives in Sacramento area.

Nancy

kwilltr 01-24-2010 08:19 PM

Thanks for the welcome! It's such a small world isn't it??
Kwilltr

kwilltr 01-24-2010 08:24 PM

Thanks for the welcome! It's such a small world isn't it??
Kwilltr

tigger5464 01-24-2010 08:28 PM

Hello and Welcome from Iowa. Hope that you like it here and that we can help where the mag left off. :D Tigger :D

SulaBug 01-25-2010 01:41 AM

Hello there & welcome from the state of Washington. So glad that you have joined us here on the quilting board!!
:D :D :D :D

Quilt4u 01-25-2010 02:38 AM

Hi and welcome from MA.

kwilltr 01-25-2010 07:22 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I thought I should share a picture of what my true love is (behind hubby, children, doggie)--NEEDLE TURN APPLIQUE. I belong to a needle arts club where I live and every year we make an "Opportunity Quilt" and sell tickets for it in order to raise operating money for our non-profit club. This is a picture of the Op Quilt for 2009. It's a pattern by Sheila Wentle (yes we received permission to use it--from her and Martingale and Company Publishers). But the best thing was, we entered it in the Pacific International Quilt Festival in Santa Clara, CA and it was juried in! Didn't win anything, but it was a great honor to hang it in the show. We have an annual Holiday Boutique the first Saturday of every November and that's when we raffle off the quilt. One of the ladies that lives here in Sun City bought ONE ticket and won it. Go figure!

Winter in the Garden Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]65937[/ATTACH]

Close up of a block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]65938[/ATTACH]

shaverg 01-25-2010 07:44 AM

Gorgeous quilt.