Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hi from Sunny Spain (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hi-sunny-spain-t6654.html)

Butterflyspain 04-30-2008 12:32 AM

Hi, my name is Eleanor, Ellie for short and have lived in Spain for 4 1/2 years now. Originally a Scot, born near Edinburgh, then went to live in England, Kent to be precise which is called the Garden of England as it is a very pretty county.

Started quilting some 8 months ago and was warned it was addictive and were they so right. Found I like applique and go to a local stitching forum here in Spain every Tuesday and canīt wait to get there. Have made a Japanese Geisha wall hanging and now nearly at the end of my first baby quilt which I have designed myself. Have 2 UFOīs but that was because the baby quilt had to get finished.

Looking forward to hearing from you and exchanging ideas and also what its like to live in Spain. I love it by the way.

Elle :

tlrnhi 04-30-2008 12:34 AM

Welcome and Hafa Adai from Guam!
You are going to have tons of fun here!
You need to post pics of your completed work...we promise
to be nice! :)

Izy 04-30-2008 12:37 AM

Bienvenidos amiga mia, te gustaria mucho hablar con sus amigos de patchwork!!

Butterflyspain 04-30-2008 12:43 AM

So Izy, mi gusta mucho. Que tal, estas bien. Elle

Butterflyspain 04-30-2008 12:45 AM

Hi there, thanks for the welcome. Will do, let me get organised and I will post some pics for you. Elle

k9colliedog 04-30-2008 06:46 AM

hello Elle. Welcome to the board. I live in England in the next county to Kent - Sussex. My daughter lives in Kent though. I make baby quilts and pass them to the local charity for children.

Butterflyspain 04-30-2008 07:20 AM

Hi thanks, its so nice to get messages and know what others are doing. Our local quilting group do Charity quilts and pass them on mainly for the local CAS charity which is for animals, dogs, cats and donkeys which are abandonded hereabouts. They are having a hard time raising money to keep going at the moment. We have three dogs two which were abandonded here in Spain, My partner bought a house and found they had left the 9 week old puppy here a big ball of fluff and fitted into the palm of his hand. he is adorable and is now 5 years old. I found Rosa my little dog sitting on a doorstep of a shop and when I went in they asked me if I wanted her, good job I did because she literally was on her last legs, my partner also took in an abadoned dog but that was in Wales, but that is it we canīt take any more. Will post pics soon. Elle

Butterflyspain 04-30-2008 12:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my very first effort, I know thee are faults but well that is the way to learn. another picture in about 2 days when I finish the baby quilt.Elle

Geisha Panel a first effort
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5633[/ATTACH]

Butterflyspain 04-30-2008 12:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my very first effort, I know thee are faults but well that is the way to learn. another picture in about 2 days when I finish the baby quilt.Elle

Geisha Panel a first effort

Geisha Panel

tlrnhi 04-30-2008 01:01 PM

Very pretty!