Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hi (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hi-t2834.html)

Cresha 10-21-2007 12:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, I am Cresha from Pennsylvania. I love reading all the information found on this site.

I have been qulting for 20 + years. Mostly for my kids and grandkids.

I am making a label for my newest quilt and I would like to know if any of you have ever used Sharpies on quilt labels. I tried it this time, and it turned out fairly well. I am just not sure if it is going to wash out.

Thank you for any help you may be able to give me

lin 10-21-2007 12:57 PM

First of all welcome Cresha! Actually, first of all...I think that's a gorgeous quilt!!! And, welcome. :mrgreen:

I've used Sharpie fine point permanent marker a few times and I make sure I heat set it after I'm finished writing. So far, so good. But I usually use my pigma pen as I'm sure the ink is archival. :)

Shadow Dancer 10-21-2007 12:59 PM

Hi Cresha,

Beautiful quilt!! :)

Welcome to the group, sorry can't offer any input into using a sharpie, I wonder though about it washing out too and worry that it might run onto the quilt when washed.

lin 10-21-2007 01:01 PM

I've never had a problem with it running into the quilt, but I do worry that it won't last long if the quilts get washed a lot.

Cresha 10-21-2007 01:31 PM

I was worried about it washing out also. I didn't think about it running onto the backing. But..I did heat set it.

I will post more pics----as soon as I can get my granddaughter to let me "borrow" a few of my quilts back! LOL

lin 10-21-2007 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Cresha
I will post more pics----as soon as I can get my granddaughter to let me "borrow" a few of my quilts back! LOL

I hear ya!! :D

BarbC 10-21-2007 03:59 PM

I use Pigma pens. I know a Sharpie will at least fade and possibly wash out of fabric over time. The key is probably how often you wash it. My son had bought a t-shirt at Camp this summer and had the band sign the back of it with Sharpies. I heat set it and have washed it probably once a week since the first of June! I can tell the names are starting to fade a bit. Barb C

blahel 10-21-2007 07:20 PM

Hi Cresha,
Welcome!! i love the colors in your quilt..you obviously have been blessed knowing how to put colors that work together..i unfortunately did not get blessed that way! :lol: Hope to see more of your work in the future...and hopefully learn from you seeing as you have been quilting for 19+ years more than me!

amma 10-21-2007 08:48 PM

Beautiful quilt Cresha :D Love the pattern and the fabrics :D Welcome to the group :D Ask your granddaughter pretty please???? :lol: We would love to see more of your work! :D

Celeste 10-21-2007 09:17 PM

Yes, Cresha, welcome and please explain to your granddaughters that they'll get them back soon!