Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hi from Tamworth NSW Australia (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hi-tamworth-nsw-australia-t53493.html)

Aussie Quilter 07-10-2010 02:26 AM

Welcome from across the border Penny. BTW when is the next C&W festival in Tamworth?

Jenoushka 07-10-2010 02:38 AM

You are the second quilter on this board from Tamworth - I have been here for a while, it's good.

Rainy Day 07-10-2010 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by pennykasteel

Originally Posted by Rainy Day
Hi, and welcome from an ex Armidillian! Has it snowed up there this year? brrrr.

Hi Rainy day, you certainly when from the frying pan to the fire with that move. Now you have 4 seasons in one day instead of being cold all year round. It has snowed at Guyra, Nundle & Walcha so far, & we had a maximum of 7 one day. Rain is predicted for tomorrow so I'll garden a bit today in anticipation. It is still horribly dry here.

Regards
Penny

That is sad to hear - when we left (2005) the drought was still very much in the news. I remember the first time our son saw a huge rain storm - he was 18 months old and it terrified him. I do miss the country, but not the cold!
Cheers
Rain

mimee4 07-10-2010 06:34 AM

I'd forgotten that it is cold in Australia and New Zealand. We can keep each other interested in the "other" season's quilts. Glad you are here and welcome from central Pennsylvania.

Donna P 07-10-2010 07:04 AM

Good to have a fellow quilter join in as always....

Owllady 07-10-2010 08:02 AM

Winter? We are having summer in a hot kind of way. Welcome from Texas.

adrianlee 07-10-2010 08:28 AM

Welcome from Washington state. I forget that it is winter time in Australia. We've been having our first hot days of summer here. Anything over 70 degress is too hot for me, I'm a wuss according to a friend of mine. You will love this quilting board.

tryitall 07-10-2010 10:21 AM

Welcome. You have found a boat load of frilends here on this board. From Southern OKlahoma

Wings 07-10-2010 02:44 PM

Hi Penny - I am a Penne too and born in Armidale as well, now in Brisbane, where it is miserable and overcast today. I remember the New England cold very well indeed!!! Family were farmers and still lots of them there, Grandfather and Grandmother had twelve children so lots of my family in your area still. This is a lovely friendly quilt board and I am sure you will enjoy it:)

pennykasteel 07-10-2010 04:18 PM

Thank you all for your welcome, it is great to see so many Aussies among us. Do I know the other Tamworth member? Not being very imaginative with forum names I am easily identifiable. The next Country Music Festival is at the end of January 2011. The Tamworth tourism website will give you the exact details & how to book any show you would particularly like to see. Happy quilting everyone.

Regards

Penny