Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hi from the UK (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hi-uk-t155734.html)

Tawny 10-13-2011 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by CoventryUK
T

Originally Posted by Tawny
It has not moved far, it is in the next village along towards Wellingborough, Great Doddington. I will let you know what it is like on Saturday night, my Alan is taking me to buy some more fabric to make a quilt for my mum :)

I will report back. I can confirm that Threads and Patches in Fenny Stratford and TudorRose Patchwork in Oakley are both excellent shops.

What the two in Weedon like? Do either of you know?

Thanks Tawny...wasn't sure where it had moved to!! Bramble Patch is a great shop, tho a bit pricey!! The Heart of the Shires is ok, if a little limmited. Do you both know about the Fabric Guild in Leicester??? I will PM you both with details if not!!!

Noooo I have not heard of that, please PM me the details

DeniseB 10-13-2011 03:04 PM

Welcome from Ohio. You will love this site, so much to learn and see.

kate2962 10-14-2011 02:07 PM

I havent heard about the fabric guild in Leicester - what is it?

kate2962 10-14-2011 02:10 PM

I agree with Hilary about the shops in Weedon and I know about threads and patches thanks - I'm off there tomorrow for a machine quilting class with ferret - I'm really looking forward to it

CoventryUK 10-15-2011 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by kate2962
I agree with Hilary about the shops in Weedon and I know about threads and patches thanks - I'm off there tomorrow for a machine quilting class with ferret - I'm really looking forward to it

Have a great day! She is a great teacher!! Will expect to see great things on here soon!!!!

Tawny 10-16-2011 02:01 AM

Poppy Patch in Great Doddington is lovely. I went yesterday and their range of fabric was wonderful and very very reasonably priced. I would thoroughly recommend it. I have bought some lovely pink fabric to quilt a cushion cover for my sister in law, all with the hlep of the lady there as I have no eye for colour at all.

mona202 02-13-2012 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by kate2962 (Post 4296044)
Hi I am new on this forum and quite a novice really with patchwork and quilting but I try! I look forward to getting to know people on here and make some new friends

Hello to the UK. Where in the UK are you? I was there in 2009 in London, Scotland (my fav) and Ireland. BEAUTIFUL! I am new to quilting as well. I joined here about a year ago and everyone has been so helpful! Enjoy and ask any questions you have, you get quick and helpful responses.

SueDor 02-14-2012 04:33 AM

Hi from Ohio!

Krystyna 02-14-2012 05:29 AM

Hi Kate, Welcome. You'll find the most fabulous people here. I hope you'll join in with some of the swaps. They're a lot of fun.

cowgirlquilter 02-14-2012 12:52 PM

Welcome from the heart of wine country in Northern California!