Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hintenberg Voyager 17 users (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hintenberg-voyager-17-users-t125456.html)

bettejo 05-24-2011 06:05 PM

Hello ..from Idaho...thanks for responding..Any suggestions?

bettejo 05-24-2011 06:06 PM

Thanks for responding from South Carolina..any suggestions?

Originally Posted by sewgull
Hello from South Carolina

bettejo 05-24-2011 06:07 PM

Ok...thanks from Central Alabama...I will do that this week ans see if it would help...I did hear once that Batiks are tough to sew on and this is my first try at it...thanks so much I will let you know!

Originally Posted by grammyp
Welcome from central Alabama. I would use a size 18 needle, and loosen the quilt in the frame.

bettejo 05-24-2011 06:09 PM

Ok..will check to see if the needle is in correctly...possibly I could have put in a new one wrong...or changed the angle of the circle under it...I know it can be adjusted..thanks so much..

Originally Posted by Marion T
Hi from Western Australia. I've never heard of a needle breaking because of a tension problem - usually its the thread that breaks. The only time I've broken a needle is when it hit the presser foot because it wasn't set up correctly. Lower the needle slowly using the wheel on the side of your machine to see if this is happening.

bettejo 05-24-2011 06:09 PM

I do think a bigger needle will help...I will have to get some this week...thanks so much!

Originally Posted by eastermarie
Are you talking about a longarm machine? If so, you might need to go to a slightly bigger needle. I used a 16 or 18 on my longarm when I quilted mine. What kind of thread are you using?

bettejo 05-24-2011 06:10 PM

Thanks for reading...this is my first time here...lots of help in such a short time..only 4 hours and several replys..

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
welcome!

bettejo 05-24-2011 06:10 PM

Thanks for reading...this is my first time here...lots of help in such a short time..only 4 hours and several replys..

welcome!

bettejo 05-24-2011 06:11 PM

welcome!

GrandmaAlice 05-24-2011 06:19 PM

I have had lots of trouble with my machine. Like others, I will be half way through a quilt and all at once I get the "bird's nests" on the back side. I have switched needles, switched thread, loosened and tightened my material and both tensions. Once it happened after I refilled the bobbin. I fill my bobbins with a Side Winder and am wondering if it winds the thread too loosely. I'm so exasperated! I would just love to turn out a nice looking quilt on my Voyager 17. GrandmaAlice

Jim's Gem 05-24-2011 07:30 PM

Welcome to the board from Southern California!!!