Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   I am new to this board (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/i-am-new-board-t40115.html)

stitchinwitch 03-20-2010 04:46 PM

Hello Debra Ann from Missouri! It is WONderful here, but you DO have to explore the entire areas!!I am a 15 year BEGINNER! I see some ladies that have made their first quilt and they are MUCH BETTER from this ole lady!

littlehud 03-20-2010 06:50 PM

Hello and welcome form SW Iowa. Glad to have you here.

Oklahoma Suzie 03-22-2010 02:03 PM

Hi and welcome from Oklahoma.

Edie 03-23-2010 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by Debra-Ann
Hi I am Debra-Ann and have been quilting for about 7 years. Sounds impressive I am sure but I still consider myself a beginner. Everytime I start a quilt which I am not happy until it is completed, as I won't start another one. I am currently making a quilt for a surprise for my sister, do any of you guys and gals have trouble parting with them? I know I do but I remind myself I would never give one of my quilts just to anyone. One of my first quilts I made for my Mom, well, she wasn't someone I should have given one to, as she wasn't happy with the colors design, etc. My sister came to my rescue, as I was truly hurt, she asked mom do you realize the time and the effort that goes into making a quilt? Mom didn't know what to say to this. Wow that felt good to get that off my chest!!! I hope to send some pictures of my quilts as son as I figure out how :lol:

I made one for my mother - a quilter - for Mother's Day last year. She is 93. She cried. Of us three daughters I was the only one that made a quilt for her and she was quite touched. Even at her being 93 and my being 71, it feels good when Mom is happy, eh? Ain't Mama happy, ain't nobody happy!!!!!!

Welcome from Minnesota. Edie

red roses 03-23-2010 04:57 AM

Welcome from the Philadelphia area! I like to do quilts one at a time also!

reginalovesfabric 03-23-2010 11:43 AM

hello and welcome from south Mississippi and yes I have trouble giving some of them away....these are the ones I keep!!!!!!!!!

Jingle 03-23-2010 01:57 PM

Welcome from Missouri. I select who will get a quilt from and so far everyone that received one has been very thrilled to get one. My Husband just told me his Mom wants me to make her a quilt, my pattern, my choice of colors, she is 84 yrs. old, she use to quilt but, got tired of the mess and quit. I gave her one a couple years ago to cover on the couch with while watching TV, she now wants a queen size for her bed.

starlight 03-23-2010 03:55 PM

Welcome from Central New York. All the quilts that I have ever made have gone someplace else. One of these days I might get around to making one for myself. Until then all the receivers have been happy with each one.

LINNY24 03-23-2010 04:43 PM

Hi I am LINNY from Manchester N.H I am new to quilting and decided to make a rail fence quilt .I want to know if you can help me.I bought some 2 1/2 inch jelly rolls from joann's to make a rail fence quilt every time i sew them together and try to cut a 6 1/2 inch square it is always short by 1/4 inch.when i sew it i use 1/4 inch foot.Could you please help me.Thanks

roseOfsharon 03-23-2010 05:00 PM

Hi Debra-ann and welcome from Maryland!