Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   I love this site! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/i-love-site-t159262.html)

Jan in FL 10-09-2011 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by sewmuchmore
Hello and welcome aboard from Gerogia :-P :-P :-P Alaska is awesome but very cold.

Sometimes it can be cold but this middle aged woman with hot flashes WELCOMES it after ten years in Florida - most of which was in south Florida! :-)

Chigger Holler Quilter 10-09-2011 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Jan in FL
I just began quilting a couple of months ago and am ready to quit my job and stay home quilting all day! If only that were possible....

I have the most supportive husband, three girls, four grandchildren spread all over the US, three wonderful dogs and my best girl...Bella, my cokatoo.

Since I started quilting, I have been trying to figure out when and how to retire because there is no longer time for trivial things like work when there is so much more quilting to be done!

I have been in Florida for ten years now. I am from northern Louisiana. We plan to move to the Pacific Northwest - Seattle or hopefully somewhere in Alaska in the next few years.....fingers crossed....because it is the most beautiful area I have ever seen.

"the sky is the bluest blue, In Seattle!" LOL I lived about 45 min NE of Seattle for most of my adult life...It's so very true...just beware of the gray days...I would guess you hit it when the sun was shinning and it is truly beautiful! :) (I get to go 'home' for Christmas! :) ) We moved to south central MO several years ago...pretty here, too.. but the BUGS! O MY! lol...
Welcome to the Quilting Board...it is a great family to belong to! Hope all your dreams come true! :)

franie 10-09-2011 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jan in FL
I just began quilting a couple of months ago and am ready to quit my job and stay home quilting all day! If only that were possible....

I have the most supportive husband, three girls, four grandchildren spread all over the US, three wonderful dogs and my best girl...Bella, my cokatoo.

Since I started quilting, I have been trying to figure out when and how to retire because there is no longer time for trivial things like work when there is so much more quilting to be done!

I have been in Florida for ten years now. I am from northern Louisiana. We plan to move to the Pacific Northwest - Seattle or hopefully somewhere in Alaska in the next few years.....fingers crossed....because it is the most beautiful area I have ever seen.

Come on up to Alaska. There are lots of quilters here! I live on the Kenai Peninsula. I moved to AK over 30 years ago from FL. I don't ever want to leave. And know what you mean about wanting to just quilt--that's all I want to do and I am retired for 15 years. This forum/message board is the best place to be also.

franie 10-09-2011 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by sewmuchmore
Hello and welcome aboard from Gerogia :-P :-P :-P Alaska is awesome but very cold.

Not on the Kenai Peninsula--this is the banana belt of AK!

np3 10-09-2011 04:25 PM

Welcome to the Board from Central California. This is a great place to learn.

Lakeview Quilting 10-09-2011 04:26 PM

Hello, welcome from Oklahoma!!!

alikat110 10-09-2011 04:38 PM

Welcome aboard!!!!

QKO 10-09-2011 04:42 PM

Hello and welcome to QB, from western Nevada!

Sadiemae 10-09-2011 05:08 PM

Hello, and welcome from Idaho!

Needlegrammy 10-09-2011 06:28 PM

Welcome from Tennessee!