Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   iam new but have been reading for along time (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/iam-new-but-have-been-reading-along-time-t4209.html)

notsewgood 01-24-2008 03:16 AM

hi, my name is ina. ive made probaly 6 or 7 quilts but nothing like ive seen you people do!! i would like to buy a new sewing machine but there are so many to choose from. i would like one of the fancy stich computerized ones but have no clue as what brand or type to get. help!!

MissTreated 01-24-2008 05:25 AM

Welcome!

The best advice I can give about getting a new machine is to go to the dealers and test drive them. Find the one you are the most comfortable with, one that feels like a "fit." Upgrade to fit your budget to get the bells and whistles you want.

Glad you joined, looking forward to seeing your creations!

M

Celeste 01-25-2008 02:53 AM

Glad you decided to take the plunge and join us! Please show us your quilts! Please!

Dawn Hendrix 01-25-2008 04:16 AM

Hey there Ina .. I felt JUST like you when I started 11 months ago... I bugged my husband to get me the Brother I had found and fell in love with quilting.. Once I got it ... There aint NO stopping me now. I am loving all the stitches and learning how to do it all.

Thanks for joining US!

notsewgood 01-25-2008 12:45 PM

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR ADVICE. IVE BEEN LOOKING ON EBAY AND MAY PURCHASE A NEW ONE THERE.SO IAM STILL NOT SURE WHAT TO BUY IF I CANT TRY IT OUT FIRST. I HAVE SEEN MANY DEALS AND THERE ARE SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM.IAM DISABLED AND HAVE A TOUGHT TIME GETTING AROUND SO MY HUSBAND SAID HE WOULD GET ONE THROUGH HIS EBAY ACCOUNT.I DONT WANT TO GE OVER MY HEAD WITH A MACHINE THAT IS DIFFICULT TO RUN OR LEARN. I WILL BE GETTING BACK TO YOU WITH MY CHOICE AND LET YOU KNOW. I WILL TRY TO GET SOME PICTURES OF MY QUILTS TO SHOW BUT DONT EXPECT MUCH COMPARED TO THE ONES IVE SEEN!! THANKS AGAIN

jbsstrawberry 01-25-2008 03:51 PM

Hi notsewgood, I bet yousewgreat!! :) Welcome from Central Illinois!! Glad you decided to join in. Theres soooo much to learn here from all these wonderful people!! Have lots of fun!!!

MiMi DeeDee 01-25-2008 04:24 PM

Hello, Ina. You will love all the help you get from these wonderful quilters! Welcome!!!!! :)

Tiffany 01-26-2008 06:57 AM

Hi Ina. Welcome! Please don't be shy about your quilts. We ALL started at the beginning. The more you quilt the better you'll get & before you know it people will be saying they don't want to show you their quilts because you're so good at it. :thumbup:
~Tiffany

Lisa 01-26-2008 08:28 AM

Hi Ina, welcome aboard! You came to the right place with your questions, the girls (and guys) on this board offer up alot of help, inspiration and experience!

lisae 01-27-2008 04:17 PM

Ina, you really should change your user name. :) Being a beginner and learning doesn't equal not sewing well.

Anyway, I think this is a great place to learn and get advice.