Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   I'm old but I'm new to the quilting Board (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/im-old-but-im-new-quilting-board-t56425.html)

ardiegg 07-26-2010 06:42 PM

First of all my cousin made me one of those flannel rag quilts, and I've always wanted to make one, but usually working on one for someone, so can't afford to buy all the stuff I need.
I went to my daughter in laws yard sale and there sat all the flannel squares cut out for a childs poo bear rag quilt. I had to make her take $2.00 for it. Deal like that I can afford.
my favorite thing to do is to shop in the thrift stores for new fabrics, and they always have something. I even found some peach skin fabric for an outfit. It turned out lovely. I'm always in the process of making a quilt for kids, grandkids or great grandkids. I'm 67 and much too young to be this old. Ardiegg

dkabasketlady 07-26-2010 06:44 PM

Hi and welcome from the sunny state of Florida!!

CarrieAnne 07-26-2010 06:47 PM

Welcome!

lisainmo 07-26-2010 06:48 PM

Hello and welcome from KC MO

GrammaNan 07-26-2010 06:50 PM

Welcome from Colorado.

MamaBear61 07-26-2010 07:00 PM

Hello and welcome from Ontario.

Jim's Gem 07-26-2010 07:06 PM

Welcome to the board from Southern California!!!!

Annya 07-26-2010 07:13 PM

I am new to the Quilter's Message board and am glad I have. If I am down in any way just reading the messages some times makes me laugh and if I can help some one with my opinion I am happy to help. Also if I need friendly advice I can always come here and ask for help. Being where I live I am too far from friends who have been good to me, when it comes to my panic attacks I get, moral help from them either by phone or email but it is not the same as talking to a person one- on- one. I appreciate all the help I get from ALL of my friends. THANK YOU

I am new to the Quilter's Message board and am glad I have. If I am down in any way just reading the messages some times makes me laugh and if I can help some one with my opinion I am happy to help. Also if I need friendly advice I can always come here and ask for help. Being where I live I am too far from friends who have been good to me, when it comes to my panic attacks I get, moral help from them either by phone or email but it is not the same as talking to a person one- on- one. I appreciate all the help I get from ALL of my friends. THANK YOU