Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   I'm from Texas! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/im-texas-t72742.html)

Tolelady53 10-28-2010 04:24 AM

I've been lurking here for several weeks, and really like the fact that the board is very active with a lot of participation. I've been quilting for about 25 years (OMG) and I love it still.

Earlier this year I was concerned that I had was losing my love of quilting because every time I picked up something to quilt...it became a "job" not a "joy." Ultimately in May I had to have "emergency" surgery when they finally discovered I had a mass that covered my abdoment. During surgery they removed 3 ovarian tumors (one with encapsulated stage 1a cancer), lymphnodes, ovaries and 10 liters of fluid. Within 3 weeks of leaving the hospital I lost 47 pounds! Woohoo! I've gained back some but working on it.

The biopsies ultimate showed that the cancer, although beginning, was high-grade malignancy and it was recommended that I take chemotherapy. I had 3 treatments (actually their was 4-in-1...so I really had 12) 7 weeks apart.

I'm on the mend and getting my hair back...and my love of quilting! So what better place to chat than with others who love quilting as much as I do. I look forward to "meeting" y'all!

marymm 10-28-2010 04:28 AM

Welcome. I need to lose the weight but that's a hard way to do it! Sounds like you're on the mend...Happy quilting!

gemmyfrog 10-28-2010 04:34 AM

I'm sorry about the cancer and chemo. My sister went through Uterian/Overian cancer about 7 years ago. She is cancer free now and actually was feeling much better after the surgury than she had in years! I hope you do as well too!

Originally Posted by Tolelady53
I've been lurking here for several weeks, and really like the fact that the board is very active with a lot of participation. I've been quilting for about 25 years (OMG) and I love it still.

Earlier this year I was concerned that I had was losing my love of quilting because every time I picked up something to quilt...it became a "job" not a "joy." Ultimately in May I had to have "emergency" surgery when they finally discovered I had a mass that covered my abdoment. During surgery they removed 3 ovarian tumors (one with encapsulated stage 1a cancer), lymphnodes, ovaries and 10 liters of fluid. Within 3 weeks of leaving the hospital I lost 47 pounds! Woohoo! I've gained back some but working on it.

The biopsies ultimate showed that the cancer, although beginning, was high-grade malignancy and it was recommended that I take chemotherapy. I had 3 treatments (actually their was 4-in-1...so I really had 12) 7 weeks apart.

I'm on the mend and getting my hair back...and my love of quilting! So what better place to chat than with others who love quilting as much as I do. I look forward to "meeting" y'all!

:cry:

MamaBear61 10-28-2010 04:40 AM

Hello and welcome from Ontario. Glad you are feeling better again.

CarrieAnne 10-28-2010 04:46 AM

Welcome!

wolfkitty 10-28-2010 04:48 AM

Greetings and welcome from New York state!Glad you are on the mend, and especially glad you got your enjoyment of quilting back!

KathyAire 10-28-2010 04:49 AM

Hello and welcome from Fort Worth. Get well. If this quilting board doesn't spark your desire to quilt, nothing will. You will want to make everything you see on this forum.

Tolelady53 10-28-2010 05:00 AM

Y'all are great! Thanks so much for the welcoming...woohoo! BTW...I live north of Fort Worth.

TammyM 10-28-2010 05:06 AM

Welcome from Kansas!

laurlync 10-28-2010 05:17 AM

Welcome from Texarkana! This board is WONDERFUL! I'm sorry for what you have been through, but am glad you are feeling better and getting the desire to quilt back.